Non alcoholic beer

Options
A craft beer (or more) every night was derailing my weight loss. I workout everyday but the extra calories were not helping.

I found Athletic Brewing, and I’m suddenly losing weight. Great tasting NA beer, about 50 calories each. Changing my whole weight loss dynamic. Posting in case anyone else is looking.

Replies

• Mindfulfire
    Mindfulfire Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found Athletic Brewing and then one No Mo which is 30 calories and has a IPA and a hazy ipa both yummy!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    I've been happy with some of the newer actual craft beers, like Li'l Huma IPA, at only a somewhat higher calorie point: 95 calories for 12 ounces, 4.5% ABV, 53 IBU, decent flavor. I'm not arguing that the NA ones aren't right for others, just pointing out for general conversation purposes that some interesting lower-calorie craft beers have some out in the last couple of years. It's not all just Miller Lite kind of stuff at the reduced-calorie end of things anymore.
  • arussolcsw1
    arussolcsw1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yup. The ones I’ve tried were disappointing. I’ve heard Sam Adams and Lagunitas have good ones out there also. But I’ve been pleasantly surprised how good Athletic has been.
  • s35keith
    s35keith Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am also a beer geek with the belly to prove it. My DR explained it is not just the calories but the alchohol that will kill any weight loss attempts. I am drinking a couple of beers twice a week and the results are there. I have been wanting to try Atheletic, I've heard good things. Cheers!
  • kbru19
    kbru19 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of Athletic Brewing but as a fan of NA beer I will definitely see if I can get some nearby! Another great brewery to check out for NA beer is Wellbeing Brewing. Based in St Louis and they only make NA, great variety too
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I can say that I've liked several Athletic Brewing beers that I've tried...a friend of mine is an ambassador for them too so he's always got some to share. The stadium where I have season tickets for soccer has also started having those little cans of Heineken NA. Many cocktail bars around me have cocktails that are NA. I'm very glad this is a thing that is becoming more accessible.

I personally brew beer and love craft beer so I just drink it - but am older now so I'm not consuming quite as much as I used to. LOL.

But, I will say that Germany has some pretty great NA beers that are delicious --- so be on the lookout at pubs/bars for those if they happen to have any.