30 Day Shred and older knees!

Options
Hi,
I hear really fantastic things about the 30 day shred, and would love to give it a try, but I've heard that it can be a bit tough on your knees. I don't have any real issues with my knees per se, but I'm nearly 40 now, so I definitely notice that area when I've pushed things a little to far! :)

Has anyone else experienced any physical issues that make this exercise difficult?

Thanks!

Replies

• rawrkeia
    rawrkeia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well, I've got terrible knees from catching in softball, but I do the 30DS.
    Its nice and fun. You can do modified workouts, which it shows, if you don't think you can handle it. I tend to switch up between modified and almost doing it the 'hard' way. I can't quite get as low in the lunges as the other girl, but I do about halfway between each of them. Its a wonderful workout video. I'd suggest it, just with modifications.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I am 42 almost 43 , i do insanity which is much harder (ihave done 30 shred,) and my knees which i have injured in the past, hold up okay. on jumping things land softly, something they are always saying in the insanity video
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    it's difficult. blew out my knee (but not permanently) IF you have bad knees, might want to try it gently first. Wear knee braces. None of the exercises (in level 1) are terribly difficult, it's pretty much like PE in school - it's just the tempo that gets ya, she does it without stopping, no breaks between sets. it's a great workout imo best you can get in 20 minutes.
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and I have had some knee pain doing 30 Day shred. Its a lot on the knees, just take it easy and work your way into it.