New to Fitness Pal....OOOOLD to Lifestyle Changes

Options
hope516
hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
Hey Everyone!!..:flowerforyou: .My name is Esperanza and I am new to MyFitnessPal...however I have been overweight for 28 years of my 28 year life (lol) :laugh: , so I am not new to the whole changing my lifestyle. I have used something similar to MFP in the past and was very successful. However, I thought I would try this one, as the other one cost money.

My highest recordable weight was 378 pounds. I am currently at 321.8. My goal weight is 220 pounds. I know that is high and probably still considered obese for my height of 5'6...however that is how much I weighed when I was the most happy and I don't have the body frame or the need to be skinny. I am hispanic and I love my curves. :laugh:

I am a bonafide, emotional eater and would not be heavy if it I could learn to express myself better instead of stuffing my feelings down my throat. :sad: ...lol....So along with working out and eating right, I am working on that.

I hope to find support and find some good lifestyle friends along my journey :smile:

Replies

• Obstinate07
    Options
    welcome and good luck
  • jase69
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!
  • ertrauma
    ertrauma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Life's choices are not always as easy as opening our mouths. Please accept my friend request and we will learn together.
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome Esperanza. Good luck to you! This site really does work. Loosing weight can be fun, especially with friends. I sent you a friend request and you can add me as a friend for moral support if you like :)
  • hope516
    Options
    Hey everyone thanx so much for the support :) I learned how to send freind requests...but not sure where to check for freind requests :blushing:
  • eaglenature10
    eaglenature10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Esperanza. I can be a support if you add me as your friend. I was also an emotionally eater, but have started reading books (romance novels) and this helps me to not overeat.

I started this fitness pal a few weeks ago and I just love it. When you feel sad or overwhelmed, I find eating fat free cholocate pudding cup (80 cal) with 2 scoops of whipped cream (only 25 cals) really soothes my emotions (a comfort food). Also, try a hobby or watch a old tv series you never saw before. However, if watching TV is a food attraction, then my suggestion would be is to find another hobby that doesn't make you feel weak in the knees... lol:)

So, in support, we can join together.

Regards,
    Michelle
  • hope516
    Options
    Hi Esperanza. I can be a support if you add me as your friend. I was also an emotionally eater, but have started reading books (romance novels) and this helps me to not overeat.

So, in support, we can join together.

Regards,
    Michelle

Hey Michelle!...Thanx I will add you as a friend!

As for the romance novels, that might work :tongue: I loooove to read, and reading about hot muscular men sweeping women off their feet will remind me that a guy would need a crane to sweep me off my feet...lol :laugh: (humor and sarcasm have helped me through a lot in life...lol)
  • MariaWalker70
    Options
    Hello there,

Most of us are emotional eaters . The one thing about having this extra support is you know you are not alone. I have been yo yo dieting for most of my life and both my parents died young from being "obese" The charts say I should be 165 but I will be great at 200. I am big boned and curvy as well and dont beleive in the whole chat thing! I wish you luck and we are all here to support each other.

Maria