Intro to New Healthy Lifestyle

Options
Hello everyone!

I have been using MFP for a while, but have not been consistent. Now that menopause has hit, and I’ve been feeling yucky I had to do something. This summer I finally decided it was time to care for myself.

I’ve been logging on for a few weeks now, and following a vegetarian diet. I started my weight at 174 and happy seven weeks in to get to 163.

I’m looking for a positive community of support and helping others in this journey. 💖

Replies

• jcortrightreeping
    jcortrightreeping Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Jen. I’ve been using MFP on and off as I’ve needed it for 8 years. It’s the only way I’ve ever been successful. Wishing you success as well!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,761 Member
    Options
    Hi, @Yuremimom!

I'm glad to hear you're making the commitment to yourself to change some habits, and feel better. Your progress to date is wonderful: Good stuff!

For sure, menopause (or aging generally) is not an insurmountable barrier to weight loss or fitness improvement. I lost weight with MFP at age 59-60, for sure menopausal at the time, and the quality of life improvement was huge - more than I'd imagined, even. (I'm 66 now, still at a healthy weight.) I'm even vegetarian, too (ovo-lacto, in my case) - have been since 1974, though, thin to obese and back again.

Wishing you continuing success with MFP!