Treadmill purchase advice?

Options
CeeBeeSlim
CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,292 Member
I’m looking for a treadmill in which I will be primarily the only user. I mostly walk, sometimes run - but at the most a 5.0. Will sometime do incline but wary of lower back issues.

Would you purchase a commercial quality, great brand, used treadmill at a great reduced price (2-3k to under 800), plus delivery costs of about 250, and no warranty; OR pay about the same to buy a regular but NEW treadmill - cheaper, new, warranty, not as many frills, and delivery included.

I’m pretty no-frills (don’t need the huge screen or ifit, I think - but never used one).

Thoughts?

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    What do you weigh? Just get one that you are in the weight limit.

I would not buy a commercial treadmill for home use. I got a Nordictrack treadmill off Amazon over two years ago. It came with a year of ifit and I did enjoy it, but not enough to pay for it.

I use my treadmill almost daily and have had no issues with it at all. Honestly, I got an elliptical a few weeks ago and I rarely use my treadmill anymore, maybe every few days.

I would not buy a used treadmill with no warranty.
  • laceyloughperez
    laceyloughperez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought the Nordictrack with the ifit screen during Amazon days. It was $1000 paid $700.
    Free delivery
    I had a similar model about 15 years ago. It was great very reliable.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I bought a LifeFitness F3 about 7-8 years ago and have never had a problem with it. Like you, I didn't need anything fancy (the more features there are the more stuff can break!). I've never even used any of the handful of built-in programs that came with it. I just hit quick start, select a speed, and fire up Netflix!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in buying the best quality that you can comfortable afford. When I bought my first treadmill I went for a modestly priced one and probably got 3 or 4 years of use out of it. After it died I stepped up a little and got a Pacemaster Silver Select (Made in USA, not quite commercial quality, company's no longer around) and 20 years later it's still working (needs a little TLC now and again).

If I needed to replace it right now I'd probably go for a mid-range Precor. I'd be a little wary of buying a used commercial one. If you got lucky it could be a terrific deal and last years or it could be already beaten half to death....