Best meal replacement bar

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi

Sorry if this has been done already
BUT I like meal replacement bars as snack, between meals..considering cals, sugar content, fiber, taste etc....what bars do you like?

I'm currently eating kashi and balance bars

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    Options
    Hi

Sorry if this has been done already
    BUT I like meal replacement bars as snack, between meals..considering cals, sugar content, fiber, taste etc....what bars do you like?

I'm currently eating kashi and balance bars

Kim
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    The new all bran bars! yummy luna bars and cliff bars

dd
  • kimber607
    Options
    Thanks
    My other questions is...is there anywhere on site to get the bars cheaper...I checked amazon but no greta savings

Also, if u go to the detour website..they will e-mail u a buy 1/get 1 free coupon

Kim
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I get mine from Trader Joes..by the box...the all bran ones at a regular grocery or target will have them cheap!

dd
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference between a Meal Replacement Bar and a "Snack" bar. Make sure which ever you want is the one you get. I like the slim fast snack bars taste wise but there is not enough protien in them for me. I have just ordered a couple boxes of Zone meal and fruit snack bars from Bodybuilding.com. good prices and fast shipping. I will report on these when they arrive.
  • jlohern
    jlohern Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I really like the Luna and Clif Bars. I'm not a big chocolate fan so it can be difficult to find snack bars that are not chocolatey! The Luna and Clif bars all have a great selection of non-chocolate flavors. Have you looked at drugstore.com? They sell a wide variety of snack/meal replacement bars at a good price. Also, if you spend more than $25, you get free shipping.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I love the Luna bars, and get them at Stop and Shop
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I also like the Luna & Cliff bars. They both have a good variety.
    I get them at Whole Foods for a decent price.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    :love: I like the Zone bars and I LOVE the south beach cereal bars 140 cals, 5 fat, 15 carb, and a whopping 10 grams of protein. Plus lots of good vitamins and minerals, my favorite is the cinnamon raisin.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,071 Member
    Options
    I like the Detour Lower Carb bars and also the Marathon Snickers bar - they both have lots of protein. The Detour is so big, it is two snacks per bar for me.

I entered them in the database:

Nutrition Facts
    DETOUR - Whey Protein Energy Bar - lower sugar Servings: of 1 bar 1 serving(s) (1 bar ea.)
    Calories340Sodium480 mgTotal Fat10 gPotassium270 mg Saturated6 gTotal Carbs33 g Polyunsaturated0 g Dietary Fiber4 g Monounsaturated0 g Sugars5 g Trans0 gProtein30 gCholesterol10 mg Vitamin A0 %Calcium15 %Vitamin C0 %Iron0 %

Nutrition Facts
    Snickers (Choc Fudge Brownie Flavor) - MARATHON Low-Carb Lifestyle Energy Bar Servings: of 1 bar 1 serving(s) (1 bar ea.)
    Calories170Sodium260 mgTotal Fat8 gPotassium200 mg Saturated3 gTotal Carbs19 g Polyunsaturated0 g Dietary Fiber8 g Monounsaturated0 g Sugars1 g Trans0 gProtein15 gCholesterol0 mg Vitamin A35 %Calcium50 %Vitamin C100 %Iron40 %

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs (on both above bars).

cm
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Mine are: the clif nectar bars (all fruit and nuts), Kind bars (mostly fruits and nuts, but a little too much sugar), and the Nutiva Bars. Also Whole Foods makes knock offs of the Nutiva bars that are good too. I'll go for anything that does not have extra vitamins added. I prefer stuff that doesn't have sugar (in any of its many forms) added. All of them have between 150-230 calories. I use them for after a work out. It's really helped trim my dinner portions.
  • blueberrybox
    Options
    oreo 100 calorie bars are really filling if you ask me. it may not seem that way because they are much smaller than many other granola bars, but they get rid of cravings for cookies, take a while to eat, and are really good!

odwalla bars are good too, but they're a little high in calories and not as filling as 100 calorie oreo bars if you ask me.
  • kimber607
    Options
    Thanks everyone...

I'll have to give some of them a try
    Just curious..is the oreo bar by the cookies? or cereal/fiber bars?

Kim
  • blueberrybox
    Options
    probably both depending on the store.