C25K

hi everyone

i have just started this tonight and wanted to know if there was anyone else doing this now.

i never really run unless its for a bus ect but am hoping to have a new hobby and lose some weight.

Replies

• ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Tons are! If you use the search tool, you will find support groups too. I just started a similar 5k program. Sending a friend request to motivate us "non-runners" lol
  • :smile: I have tried it.. but i slacked at the end becuz i got really bad shin splints... but it it fun and a great way to work urself up .. my mom did it to .. and loved it... i would do it again .. but i have to wait until my schedule slows down ..
  • BeautifulArtemis
    BeautifulArtemis Posts: 641 Member
    I'm doing it :)
    W3D1 Tonight :)
  • micahnelson
    micahnelson Posts: 92 Member
    I did it, quit halfway through. Nothing wrong with the program, but I found the starting and stopping was just becoming a pain on my shins and ankles. I skipped to the last few weeks and did those (15 minutes running, 5 minute break, 15 minute running). Now I just do a 5k every night. It was a great, great way to get started. Get an app for your phone to help you track it.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    I started the c25k last week. I am aiming for a 5k in November. Very excited!
  • I'm in the 8th week and preparing for my first run on October 1! It has really worked well for me! If you're honest and patient with yourself it will work! Good Luck! Friend me if you want some encouragement!
  • dkerch717
    dkerch717 Posts: 4 Member
    I am starting tomorrow and am a little nervous. Not a runner either but have always wanted to be. Let's motivate eachother!
  • wendyfru
    wendyfru Posts: 4 Member
    Hey!
    I trained w/ the c25k coach to get ready for my first 5K in May. I managed to run about half of the 1st 5k I entered as a result of training with the program I downloaded through iTunes.

Since the weather is cooling off down in the south, I ran last week on Week 5, day 2 for the first time since my 5k in May. I managed to do the whole training session without falling out which was a nice surprise.

I enjoy running and the c25k programs that you can download thru iTunes. You can also check for c2k5 podcasts if you dont want to pay for an app in the iTunes store.

Happy Running!
  • hi thanks for a the replies :)

i have got the get running app now seems ok. so i need to go back out there on Thursday eeek hope i can keep this up.

has anyone done this while pushing pram? as sometimes i wont have a sitter but don't want to use that as an excuse.