Has anyone lost a shoe size on their journey?

Options
I seem to have gone from squeezing my foot into a UK size 8 shoe (sometimes a 9!) to being very comfy in a size 7. Am I just odd or is this something that happens sometimes? Did I just have fat feet before?

Replies

• songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a UK 6 to a 5 and if its a eee width fitting I can even get into a 4, so no its not just you:smile:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My shoe size increased both times that I was preganant. I don't know about decreasing with weight loss. That would be nice.
  • chadam1015
    chadam1015 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have! All my shoes feel like they are going to fall off. Its amazing how you lose everywhere.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol weird! i grew an inch and gained a foot size haha but no
  • mrsgrumpypants
    mrsgrumpypants Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It happens, extra weight makes your feet spread - I went up a shoe size when I was expecting my children, but went back to my original size once I'd got back to my usual shape. Nothing to worry about!
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I wish that would happen to me!! I have a hard time finding shoes to fit my duck feet. :laugh:
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Went down a little over a size! I can wear 8.5's now! I used to wear 10-11 depending on the brand. Normally 9's are perfect for me, and before I lost 121lbs, 9's were way to tiight. Lost fat on my foot too, perhaps! :o)
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Yep from an UK 8 to 7
  • PandaPop87
    Options
    You know, I was thinking this today while I was going to buy shoes today, I used to be a size 7 only; but now I can fit into a 6 too!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose half a size! Haha.
    These one gorgeous shoes I own would fit so much better since they don't come in an 8.5 :P
  • sertcelik
    Options
    Hello!! Yes I did !! I lost 30lbs and a closet full of clothes that used to fit. To my shock, many of my shoes didnt fit as well and I went from a size 8 to a 7 1/2.
  • sertcelik
    Options
    Also, I wanted to say that I was VERY uncomfortable in heels and NEVER wore them. Losing 30 lbs put me in 4" heels for HOURS with no issues. Another lovely suprised aside from losing 1/2 a size
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well if the weight loss journey makes my size 11 wides get smaller, I will be in heaven!! Thanks for the new bout of motivation!! My big feet is the whole reason I don't like shoes!! I can't wait to wear cute shoes!!!
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I wish that would happen to me!! I have a hard time finding shoes to fit my duck feet. :laugh:

i have really wide feet too (or at least I thought I did. My fiance tells me I have hobbit feet minus the hair!) This is why I was so shocked when I bought a pair of size 7 trainers today. Do you have long feet as well as wide?
  • jazzydebs
    jazzydebs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here,I didn't believe it could happen but yeah I went from a size uk 8 to a 7.

Odd thing is I remember when I changed up from a 7 to an 8, I convinced myself sizes had magiclly shrunk! Denial or what :-)

Debs
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just resided to wearing trainers for most of my life as I always had big feet, even as a child and my mum used to have to buy me clarkes extra wide feet shoes.
    I've had a few pairs of heels over the years but always move back to my trainers. Now, however in a size 7 I might be more inclined to try heels again!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I was a UK 10 at my highest weight, now a 9. I anticipate being back in UK 8s by the time I hit goal.

If you're in the UK, try vivaladiva (or their 'older ladies' version, the shoetailor). They have lovely shoes in bigger sizes and wide fittings.
  • gunnroadapartments
    Options
    well i'll tell you when i was petite, i was a shoe size 7...now im close to an 8 1/2 sometimes 9...with this extra weight... I can't wait to find out if my cute shoes will fit my feet once again :D
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose half a size! Haha.
    These one gorgeous shoes I own would fit so much better since they don't come in an 8.5 :P

haha try being a size 10.5 ;)
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options

i have really wide feet too (or at least I thought I did. My fiance tells me I have hobbit feet minus the hair!) This is why I was so shocked when I bought a pair of size 7 trainers today. Do you have long feet as well as wide?

Hehe @ hobbit feet! I think mine are pretty long for my height (5'5") -- I usually wear a size 10 or 11 US/Canada, or around 41-43 Euro, but I can sometimes get away with smaller if they are really wide with a boxy toe. I call them my "flipper feet" when I swim. :laugh: Problem is that most shoe stores here stock only size 9 or 10 at max. :cry:

I'm afraid of what will happen when I get pregnant one day. :frown: I'll have to start wearing shoeboxes.