Homemade Tomato Soup

StefMB88
StefMB88 Posts: 13 Member
edited August 2022 in Food and Nutrition
One of the easiest things I think I've ever made...dirtied a lot of dishes but honestly it was worth it. I can never go back to canned after this.

Here's the ingredients that I used:
6 medium tomatoes
1 bulb of garlic
heavy cream
salt and pepper
onion powder
avocado oil

Toppings:
shredded cheese
lite sour cream
avocado

Here's how I made it:
Pre heat the oven to 350.
Quarter your tomatoes and drizzle with avocado oil, salt and pepper.
Wrap your bulb of garlic in foil, before closing foil up pour some oil in there and place it on the pan to roast with the tomatoes.
Roast for 30-40 min. Once the skin starts to brown, take them out and let them cool and peel the skin off. You can keep the skin on if you prefer though this is just personal preference.

Dump everything into a large pot and squeeze out the bulb of garlic into he pot as well. If you prefer not to use a whole bulb then you use whatever makes your heart happy. Once that comes to a simmer add your choice of broth, I used chicken because it's what I had on hand. Take an immersion blender and blend until smooth. You can also use a regular blender but read your blender instructions about putting hot things in there. Once smooth simmer for about 15 min. Add heavy cream (personal preference depending on how you like your soup). Use your immersion blender again to get everything well incorporated and make sure you got everything as smooth as you like it.

I served mine with fat free cheese, lite sour cream and avocado. Of course you can use whatever toppings you would like with it.

I'm sorry I don't have exact measurements on things, but when I make it again I'll be more precise with things to I can share.

Hope someone ends up making this it was so easy and turned out so much better than I'd expected it to.

Replies

• perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    Sounds great!
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited August 2022
    @StefMB88 Ooooo, this sounds great!

I made homemade tomato soup last summer but it honestly did not taste any better to me than canned so I thought I wouldn't bother with it again. However this recipe sounds so good I think I will try it now that I have an abundance of tomatoes from my garden again.

Just one question, about how much broth would you say that you used for that amount of tomatoes?