Hoping to gain momentum with a group

Options
My name is Sarah-Joy, I'm 31 and now weigh over 200lbs! Not sure how positive I am feeling today - but I really want to get on track. I am now at my heaviest weight again. And feeling it too. I can't stay like this as my mental health really suffers. It's time to find a way back towards positivity. Any support or help would be amazing. Thanks all

SW - 201lbs
CW - 200lbs
GW - 140lbs

As July is almost over, just getting under that 200lbs mark would be amazing for my end of month weigh in.

Otherwise for August I would like to;
❤️ - Lose 10lbs
🧡 - Maintain a minimum of 10k steps every week day (we can work on weekends next month😆)
💛 - Be kind to myself if I slip up
💚 - Catch my reflection and say something nice to myself, and try not to see that gross thing I see
💙 - Do some kind of extra exercise a few times in the month (in addition to my walking/jogging)
💜 - Spend a bit more time with my nieces/nephews/friends, as they bring me joy That's all from me, would be great to have a few friends to see my posts and help to keep me on track (and vice versa of course)

Join me and add your August goals too!

Thanks for reading! 🥸

Replies

• jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request!! My goals for august are:

❤️ Lose 5 pounds
    ❤️ Be consistent with tracking
    ❤️ 5 workouts per week
    ❤️ 80oz of water per day

Anyone can feel free to add me 😊
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Anyone please feel free to add me! Just looking for extra motivation and accountability.

I’ve fallen off the wagon and need a refresh.
    My goals for august are:
    💕Loose 5 pounds
    💕 Hit 10,000 steps at least 5/7 days
    💕 Consistently log my food even on days when I know I will eat extra

• SarahJoyManea
    SarahJoyManea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome J and Leti (be great to know your names of I've not got it right 😂). Great to meet you both, awesome goals. I think it might be nice to do weekly check ins and see how we are progressing on our goals too? 😊
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    There is a “challenges” section under the community section of MFP. They are more daily/weekly check ins with like minded people for weight, steps, exercise, food, support than a challenge. There are all sorts of them and many new ones start in August. Anyone can join and people are so nice and supportive! Just an FYI, or you can continue on here. Good luck with your journeys!
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi there… I would love to be your friend
    I had a 5 year break and seen I now weigh 212
    So today I have started up again
    Need to get to 185
    Dan
  • SarahJoyManea
    Options
    Welcome @dannytrees1 :smile: nice to meet you

I've just sent you a request. What's your goals for August to start you in the right direction for your ultimate goal?
  • pralow8
    pralow8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was on here back in 2019 when I lost almost 70 lbs, got my diabetes under control, and was feeling good about myself for the first time in who knows how long. Now I’ve gained almost all the weight back, no longer work out, diabetes is out of control, and my mental health is at an all time low. My husband has really been encouraging me to get back on here. We meet in 2020 so he didn’t even know me at my best, however he’s seen what the extra weight has done to my mental and physical health. He wants me to change that. I have to say I want to change that too. I’m doing this new journey for myself, however with his support.

Here are my goals for August:

❤️ Log my meals every day, even if I know that I’ll go over

💙 Focus on my mental health by going back to therapy

💜 Lose 5 lbs

Feel free to add me. ❤️
  • SarahJoyManea
    Options
    Hi team :)

@jmessina205 @leti126 @dannytrees1 @pralow8

Great to have you all with me, and great goals too!

I have just updated my weighing day to be Sundays/Mondays. So here is the start of August submission - with the next update due on the 7th/8th.

Starting Date: 20/07/2022
    Starting Weight: 201 lbs
    Current Date: 01/08/2022
    Current Weight: 192.8 lbs
    Lost to date: 8.2 lbs

Current Goal Progress
    ❤️ - Lose 10lbs - 1.8lbs to go!
    🧡 - Maintain a minimum of 10k steps every week day - So far yes!
    💙 - Do some kind of extra exercise a few times in the month (in addition to my walking/jogging) - I plan to go and play basketball with my husband in the park a few times this month. Plus I plan to rent a bike and cycle the New haven beach path also with the Hubby (He is a wonderful support!).

Looking forward to hearing all of your plans for success this month!

Keep focused and keep motivated - YOU CAN DO THIS! 💪💪💪
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Those are great goals @SarahJoyManea! You mention New Haven...as in New Haven CT? If so I live in CT too!

Here is my update!
    SW: 171.8
    CW: 169.4 (today 8/1/22)

My goals for August:
    - Lose at least 5lbs
    - Hit 10,000 steps 5/wk
    - Go to Zumba or the gym 4/wk
    - Drink 64oz of water daily
    - Log daily even on the days that I know I will go over my calories limit
    - Build a routine before the start of the school year (I'm a teacher)

Keep it up everyone!
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hello there,
    My goal for August is to lose 10 lbs
    And drink more water
    Stay away from the fatty foods
  • Xierrax
    Xierrax Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fantastic goals everyone! Mind if I join in?

My August goals are:
    - to run at least 3x a week outside
    - eat at least 80% whole foods/plant-based
    - pick up judo and stick with it
    - do Yoga everyday, even if only for a few minutes

All this to feel strong, inspired and whole. I noticed exercise has a great effect on my mental health and productivity. More so, this month and the months to come, I want to focus on myself and allow myself to take up space - mentally and physically.

Let's start strong guys!
  • SarahJoyManea
    Options
    @leti126

Great goals too! Ah, I mean New Haven, East Sussex, England 😁I'm a UK lass.

@dannytrees1

Awesome to see you get some goals written down, feel free to post a message on your progress through the month as you succeed 💪

@Xierrax

Great to have you with us - I just sent you a friend request also! They sound like really fab goals and a great opportunity to focus on what you need!

Thanks for joining me on this journey - really appreciate having a small group to be motivated by and to motivate!

- Also, just one side note, I'm glad to see so much enthusiasm just always make sure your goals are obtainable and sustainable, so that you dont feel like you've failed if one day you just have an off day! These things happen, so just remember you are human and to forgive yourself if that happens!

Anyway, enough from me, you all know what you're doing!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

• SarahJoyManea
    Options
    Here's the latest

Starting Date: 24/07/2022

Current Date: 19/08/2022
    Current Weight: 190.2 lbs (up 0.3lbs)

Lost to date: 10.8 lbs
    Days so far: 26 days

Sadly for todays weigh in I gained (only 0.3 lbs.) but it was a gain nonetheless, which is a bit demotivating. However it was also expected as I had a long weekend away for my husbands birthday, and to make it better for him I wasn't keeping as strict a diet or as active in the days. So really I should be pleased that I managed to mitigate most of the damage of that weekend. And I am pushing forward to hopefully go back to seeing losses again from next weeks weigh in.

New/Continued Goals
    💓 - Increased August loss goal to 15lbs! - 4.2lbs to go!
    🧡 - Still maintaining a minimum of 20k steps on the weekdays and 10k on the weekends
    💛 - Been kinder to myself, giving the gain this week its needed to keep myself focused. I know I worked hard and I know I will get back to losing again next week. I know that enjoying life with my husband is more important than stressing over progress and it was worth it to slow down the progress to enjoy the quality time with my husband.
    💚 - Hey there you are (she said to herself in the mirror) keep smiling, you look much better when you smile.
    💙 - Built the BBQ so that counts - right? But yes, I really still need to get an extra activity in with the husband, we have just been so busy with the house trying to get it ready for the next three weekends.
    💜 - Tomorrow is time for the first of the BBQ weekends, with my husbands friends on Saturday and family on Sunday. Should be a really lovely weekend :)

Next weigh in will be Friday 26th - I have next week of work so I am hoping I will continue to be good and get my steps and keep an eye on my eating, although I am definitely allowing myself one or two naughty meals out. This is my summer break, and sadly I can't spend it with my husband as he doesn't have any more leave days this year. So it's just me, I'll take myself out for lunch and shopping and stay home and play games and jog, so I'm sure it'll be a lovely week nonetheless.

Keep at it all of you! You're doing great! 💓🧡💛💚💙💜
  • SarahJoyManea
    Options
    Here's the latest

Starting Date: 24/07/2022

Current Date: 27/08/2022
    Current Weight: 192.2 lbs (up 2lbs)

Lost to date: 8.8 lbs
    Days so far: 37 days

Again for this weeks weigh in I gained! and it was 2lbs this time. Not great, but I'm not surprised by the gain at all. I wasn't able to step due to being very unwell, laid up and with a migraine that meant I had to avoid all light for a few days on and off. My reduced steps also demonstrate this, they are rather random, some days I felt awful and some days I was desperate to get back on track!

Goal - final progress update
    💓 - Need to go back to the 10lbs loss in August, as I am down to only 8.8lbs lost to date!
    🧡 - Bit of a rough time with my steps lately, hoping this migraine is on its way out and I can get back to it again!
    💛 - It's been a tough week or so this time, so I'm just pleased I haven't given up completely!
    💚 - Hey Girl
    💙 - No additional activity actually happened this month! Maybe we try again for September!
    💜 - Had some lovely family time and quality time with friends these last few weekends!

I'll post a separate post for my new September goals!

💓🧡💛💚💙💜
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Just an internet stranger sending encouragement. I don't check my feed, so I'm a terrible "friend" on MFP, but something in your initial post struck a chord with me. I was on here 8 (?) years ago and MFP helped me to lose 22 pounds. I slowly gained them back and am working at losing them again. I'm trying to lose them much, much more slowly so that when I reach maintenance, I won't really notice the difference between losing and maintaining.

For me, logging my food is key. It's what helps me be successful, so I'm working on making that a part of my day.

You seem set up for success! I LOVE your attitude and your goals are similar to mine, especially the "be kind to yourself" one :heart: If you can keep that one, the others will follow. And then the weight will come off. You can do this. I love that you are prioritizing life with your husband too. I have to work at enjoying my life and not saying terrible things about my body. My husband doesn't believe them, and my grown kids don't need to hear me say them. So why do I allow myself to say them?? We're worth more than that :)
  • SarahJoyManea
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Time for a fresh start in a new month.

Goals for September are as follows

❤️ - Total loss of 20lbs

🧡 - Steps of 20k weekdays and 10k weekends

💛 - Keep under 2000 calories consumed per day

💚 - Aiming to do 4 extra activities this month (one per week), e.g. basketball, badminton, cycling, outdoor running, swimming etc.

💙 - Complete the work on the house getting the small spare room decorated

💜 - Spend more time with my new nephew Luca, and my other nieces and nephews (planning a sleepover with them on Saturday, should be lovely!).

That's the goals for now!

I'll check in tomorrow for my first weigh in of September (not looking forward to is this week!)

💓🧡💛💚💙💜
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options

That's the goals for now!

💓🧡💛💚💙💜

You've got this! Everyone is rooting for you!