I'm new! Healthy eating, intense biking, and losing weight!

Options
BrankoMK
BrankoMK Posts: 12 Member
Hey all,
I'm new to mfp. I have a goal to lose 25 pounds. When I started 3 weeks ago, I was only watching what I ate. Then my son talked me into a75 mile bike in September. So now I'm biking an hour 5x a week, and making sure I eat enough calories! Oh, and started the Whole 30 diet 2 weeks ago... So I'm searching for healthy ways to get carbs and calories. Anyone else have competing goals?

Replies

• BrankoMK
    Options
    Oh, and on vacation, driving for a few days... No fast food allowed, no soft drinks, no candy...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,841 Member
    Options
    I used to compete (rowing, on-water and machine), but now just row for fun, plus bike some (trails on a hybrid bike in Summer, stationary in Winter), right now 4x row and 2x bike weekly, sometimes plus a little, per week.

Healthy ways to get carbs: Fruits, veggies (including beans), whole grains . . . ; for calories, when I have plenty of them, I'm heading for cheeeese, among other things.

I know you've ruled out candy, but for me treat foods (including chocolate) are on the menu if I have the calories left, and my day's nutrition is already where I want it to be. For me, if I'm not going to give up something permanently, I didn't give it up to lose weight. That approach worked/works better for me, moderating but not eliminating some treat foods, but I know some people do better with strict eating rules so YMMV.

Best wishes for continuing success!
  • BrankoMK
    Options
    Thanks!
    The whole 30 diet is just for 2 more weeks. It's too encourage my daughter to eat healthy and it helps fight inflammation. Wasn't intending to mix the exercise in bit here i am!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you are on Strava there's a weekly challenge for MFP members - https://www.strava.com/clubs/179287

I'm a regular road bike rider and this year's big goal was hitting a PR for a century ride at the end of May - done!
  • terrbrown8187
    terrbrown8187 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a new old member. I've been with MFP since 2018. I would just say that any type of movement is good. Since Covid-19, I haven't got my 10,000 steps daily in a while. I am also looking for friends to keep me motivated and provide pointers. Please add me Terrbrown8187. Thanks.