app for iphone for exercise

Options
I installed the app Endomondo on my phone and really liked it. It measured my time spent walking ,calories burned and distance.The bad thing was that it used up so much of my data package that I won't be able to use it. I had always had plenty of data and no problem at all. I only used it 4 or 5 times and did not realize that it would drain me of the data. If AT&T hadn't alerted me I wouldn't have known.

I just wondered if any one knew another app that doesn't do that? I'm sure the gps is the reason for it. thanks for any info...

Replies

• Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Try the free pedometer app...I use it all the time and really like it.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    maybe look at the map of the area while on wifi and then once it shows up disable the cellular network (data / 3g) in the iphones options. Im fairly sure i have done this before and the app has logged the route fine, it just cant get new maps.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Try out nike Training club it is great! It is for work outs in general. I tried the free pedometer too--I just would forget to turn it back on after using my phone. imap my run is good if you want to track where you go and time--it uses the gps though so may drain data faster.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    runkeeper only uses data to load the maps you can use it for runs and if your worried turn the data off while your out running
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your information !!