Need a fast calorie burning home workout

Options
I usually run and lift weights when my kids go to bed on my nights off work...I'm getting a little bored and it seems like it doesn't burn a lot of calories...Any ideas about how to get a good burn??

Replies

• marinah8
    Options
    Kettlebells always do the trick for me. ;-)
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire. Fun and a great calorie burner!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Do you have an idevice? if so look at the Nike Training App.. it runs a circuit using your house and it is BRILLIANT and (at least last time I looked) it's free! It is really really well done.
  • bmccrory2
    bmccrory2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you have heard of bodyrock.tv you should def check that out!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Jump rope ! really burns the calories
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Insanity or P90x or kettlebells like someone else suggested
  • csg148
    Options
    kickboxing, shadowboxing, burpees, jumprope, body weight circuits. All of these are definately not boring and will kick your heart rate into high gear!!!! Using a heart rate monitor I figured that I can burn on average 500 calories per half hour of kickboxing or burpees or a compination of both. Good Times!!!!
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    kickboxing, shadowboxing, burpees, jumprope, body weight circuits. All of these are definately not boring and will kick your heart rate into high gear!!!! Using a heart rate monitor I figured that I can burn on average 500 calories per half hour of kickboxing or burpees or a compination of both. Good Times!!!!

I never knew what a burpee was until I took this kickboxing class this last spring...I was in so much pain the next day..hahaha!
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions :) I'm really considering P90X..My neighbors said I can have the dvds and manuals for free
  • Nelly711
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions :) I'm really considering P90X..My neighbors said I can have the dvds and manuals for free

P90X is AwEsOmE!!!!!! I did the lean version for 6 weeks until I broke my foot, I seen more toning than weight loss, but I hasn't incorporated the nutrition plan into it yet either! Good Luck!!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Prison workout routines. Looks kind of like baisleac's routine.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i have the barry's bootcamp fat blaster workouts..i LOVE them. 30 min with stretching and exercise and for my weight it burns like 437 for those 30 min. its only 1 min per workout but all back to back with 30 second rest periods..its great. i sweat sooo much within just a short amount of time.