Any DVDs or online videos for belly dancing

Options
There was a show on Discovery Health that I used to tape and watch every morning that did belly dancing but now I can't find it anymore and forgot the name.

Any suggestions for new belly dancing dvds or a site that I can get the videos from to burn on dvds?

Replies

• JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I know if you have comcast they have it On Demand :) I'm pretty sure they had them at target today :)
  • smscott87
    Options
    Going to have to check out Target. Thanks!
  • Canonoch
    Options
    The show was called "Shimmy" and there are some DVD's Belly Dancing for weight loss my wife has some
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Shimmy was the one on Discovery, it was actually pretty good. They haven't had any new shows in a couple of years though. The "Discover Belly Dance" series with Neena and Veena (I think that's their names - the BellyTwins) are good if you're just starting out. They have several and you can often find them in a multipack. I'm not fond of the belly dance workouts On Demand right now. Something about the woman and the way she rushes through things rubs me the wrong way. I love the Rachel Brice Drills/Yoga DVD, I actually have to drag that out again soon. I also have a couple with Michelle Joyce and she's pretty good. I was ticked, after I ordered them off Amazon I found them at Ocean State Job Lot for something like $3 each.

It all depends what you're looking for. If you're looking to learn the dancing you need something that's going to focus on technique. If you're looking for something that's just fun and is going to work up a sweat you should look for something along the cardio lines.