Help me design a eating plan using only ready to eat - store bought items!!

Options
Rannoch3908
Rannoch3908 Posts: 177 Member
We cook a very healthy meal every night for dinner (lean meat, lots of veggies).

But during the day I need ready to eat - grab and go items that can simply be ordered from the grocery store and require no prep. Just open at my desk and eat.

I realize I really can eat ANYTHING as long as I stay within calories.
But am looking for ideas....

BREAKFAST READY TO EAT IDEAS?

SNACKS - READY TO EAT IDEAS?

LUNCH -- READY TO EAT IDEAS?

I normally eat A LOT so looking for stuff that will fill me up and keep my mind of eating.

Replies

• Rannoch3908
    Rannoch3908 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Some things I have used in the past....

Boiled Eggs
    Oatmeal Cups (microwave)
    Fruit (bananas, apples, grapes)
    Kind Bars / LarBars
    Atkins Breakfast Shakes
    Yogurt Parfaits
    Microwave Lunches (frozen)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    It's really going to depend on your own supermarket (range of premade meals) - mine has a pretty good selection of premade salads. Depending on the specific salad, I might easily bulk it up with some canned chickpeas.

For my own salads: pesto from a jar, chickpeas, preboiled shrimp, cherry tomatoes, soy shoots, whatever other salad items I can find that don't require (much) prep and can just be mixed together.

Also, if you have access to a microwave, how about just making a larger portion for dinner and taking leftovers to work?

Breakfast: I take fruit flavored skyr and blueberries (fresh or frozen) to work. It could also work as a snack (in a smaller portion).
  • StefMB88
    StefMB88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pre made salads, sandwiches, pop corners, pop chips, pickles, pre packaged fruits/veggies.
    Do you have access to a microwave? Tons of good microwaveable meals you could grab and keep on hand at work if that's an option for you.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    One of my recent favorite lunches (since it's like eleventy-billion degrees where I live) is to grab a Santa Fe-style salad from Kroger, mix it up, and wrap it in a Carb Counter tortilla. Tasty, quick, and lots of fiber.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    If you are sensitive to sodium, keep a close eye on frozen microwavable meals. Some are ok sodium levels, some are so spiked that you can get a week's worth in a single meal. My blood pressure is sensitive to sodium; my wife's body doesn't care. YMMV.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Can you prep your own ready to eat on Sundays? Make five tupperwares of cut fruit. Or five servings of almonds. Or shred some chicken and scoop 3 oz into each tupperware, add half a cup of black beans, half a cup of rice, some salsa. Etc. I like to take sliced salami for lunch with crackers and a baby bell cheese, maybe with a 100 calorie pack of guacamole. I am not sure how accurate the counts would be on pre made sandwiches/salads from the store.
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Microwave 100 calorie popcorn or skinny pop pre bagged is a good snack choice. Takes a while to eat.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt cups with side of pre cut fruit or berries
    Cottage cheese cups with side of mini pepper/cucumbers/cherry tomatoes/fruit
    Baby bell cheeses or string cheese with side of fruit or veggies
    Mini pack of hummus and veggies
    Mini pack of nut butter and sliced apple or celery
    Good quality tuna on wasa crisps with side of mini pepper/cucumbers/cherry tomatoes
    Smoked salmon on wasa crisps