My vacation victory

Options
Aubgurl81
Aubgurl81 Posts: 13 Member
Last week, I spent a about 24 hours in Savannah, and then met my family at the beach. I have always gained weight on vacation. Always. And this year was no different. We eat out lunch and dinner and there is always a ton of junk food laying around.

But this year, I was different. For the first time in I don’t know how long, I let myself leave food on the plate. I didn’t have to eat everything I paid for. A few times, I boxed up half of my food before I even started eating so that I wouldn’t eat it all. I also ordered from the appetizer menu some instead of a full entree, or I would split something. I had my fair share of frozen drinks, but I also had a TON of water.

Came home Friday and my AC is out and it won’t be cheap to fix/replace. Instead of eating all the food in my house, I sat down and read a book.

I was happily surprised when I weighed in this morning to see that I was only up .5 lbs! That’s it, half a pound. Making better choices really is paying off!

Replies

• GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Hollis300
    Hollis300 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I like the idea of boxing up half the food so you don't eat it all. Also, the .5 might be water weight since restaurant food is usually high in sodium.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    That's a win!
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Awesome! New habits.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That IS a victory.
  • GSPsnBees
    GSPsnBees Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Total win! Way to go!
  • Life_On_The_Lake
    Life_On_The_Lake Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Heck ya! I think we all struggle with those times away from our kitchen where we have a routine and better control.

There are lesser evil choices out there and thank you for sharing the boxing up a portion of your entree (that will be clutch for me) I find when food options are limited even the best choice on the menu can not be what is a routine meal I.E. chicken club - What I did was take out the middle piece of bread and felt good about that :)
  • Hollis300
    Hollis300 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, and thanks for sharing here. :) This proves that small daily choices add up to big wins.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    you're inspiring. I'm going on a long vacation (SO EXCITED) and I've been worrying about it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!