Looking for support on my journey

Options
Hi,

I'm new here and am looking for support. Life got complicated and in a way I gave up on myself and gained more weight than I would like to admit. I'm on a mission to lose 50 lbs by my 50th birthday which isn't until next year so I do have lots of time. Im hoping slow and steady will keep me on track. Fingers crossed

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,277 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a really sensible approach! I've been here on MFP for quite a while (loss then maintenance), and it's hard to see the posts where people are wanting to lose 50 pounds by their wedding in 3 months, or something like that!

I lost 50 pounds back in 2015-16, taking just a bit less than a year, a bit faster at first when it was safe to lose faster, then slowing way down at the end. That worked for me, alongside keeping a commitment to myself that I wasn't going to do anything to lose weight - food restrictions or extreme exercise, for example - that I wasn't will to continue forever in order to stay at a healthy weight, other than the sensibly moderate calorie deficit. These days, I'm hanging around to maintain a healthy weight - so far so good.

Wishing you much success!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    It's always nice to hear someone ready/willing to take the "slow & steady" as opposed to "ZOMG MUST LOSE MAXIMUM HUMANLY POSSIBLE ASAP." Anytime you need support, to ask questions, etc, hit up the forums - you'll find a ton of people here more than happy to help. Best wishes to you!