Lost 43 pounds form 220 to 177

Options
jje1967
jje1967 Posts: 3 Member
Stats: I am a 55 year old male, 6' tall and in good health, My staring weight was 220 lbs. and current weight is 177.

Highlights:

- Followed the Mayo Clinic Diet (MCD) for the most part

- MCD emphasizes lean meats, low fat dairy, whole grains, vegetables and fruits

- Eliminated red meat from diet; its basically just organic poultry and sea caught fish for meats

- Gave up alcohol, even casual or occasionally

- A typical meal is 1/2 plate fresh vegetables, 1 half cup whole gains (faro, bulgur, brown rice or quinoa) and 4 oz. of protein (poultry or fish)

- Breakfast is typically whole grain cereal such as original cheerios, oat meal or shredded wheat (unfrosted) with unsweetened almond milk, some days I may cook up an egg and serve with whole wheat toast

- Pretty much don't eat fast food or processed foods such as frozen dinners etc.

- I do eat candy, usually Jaw-busters or Atomic Fireballs

- Bought a really good commercial grade treadmill and use it regularly, usually at least 6 times per week

- Weight loss took around 6 months to complete

- In the weight maintenance phase but would not be sad if weight came down to 175 :)

Most importantly I don't ever feel like I am dieting, just making good food choices.

If anyone out there in their mid to upper 40s or 50s and higher and wants to connect I am willing. Maybe I can encourage you in times of need or we can form accountability groups.

Regards

JJE1967

Replies

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Hi and congrats on your success and turning your diet to a healthy one! I am currently 220 and have lost about 40 lbs so far and I am 60 yrs old. I work out 5 times a week lifting and doing cardio. I also walk at least once a week. Feel free to friend me if you wish...could use some encouragement as well as health problems I have cause me frustration.
  • Decoy152
    Decoy152 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats 👍
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    jje1967 wrote: »
    - I do eat candy, usually Jaw-busters or Atomic Fireballs.

Congratulations on your loss. Atomic fireballs used to be my go-to when I was craving junk. They just seemed to curb the cravings. Did you find that too?
  • TicTacToo
    TicTacToo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I also started at 220lbs. What do you notice about your appearance or fitness now you have lost 40+ pounds?
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you success, well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!