First Week is sooo hard.

Options
I joined on Monday and been working hard at preparing my meals and exercising everyday, but with a 6 month old I am exhausted. Any suggestions on keeping energy levels up and staying motivated?

Replies

• newbaby90908
    newbaby90908 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I joined on Monday and been working hard at preparing my meals and exercising everyday, but with a 6 month old I am exhausted. Any suggestions on keeping energy levels up and staying motivated?
  • babiecuddles
    babiecuddles Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    With children energy is a valued commodity, you just have to get as much sleep as you can and think positive. My Lovely children are way more self sufficient than your 6 month old but it still take a lot to keep up with them and their needs. As for the first week its just hard no matter what is going on in life. Just hang in there.
  • ErinMc2009
    Options
    I know how you are feeling. I joined two days ago ( i think...) and I have a 20mon old. She's very crazy. Keeps me on my toes and guessing all the time.

To keep your energy levels up, just get rest when you can.

To stay motivated, just think about what a great example you will be for her. (I really hope its a daughter..haha! I forget. As you can see my memory is kinda shot..LOL!)

Anyway, you are on the right road. You started toward a healthy lifestyle and thats the hardest part. You are going to be super successful. You child will thank you when you are able to run around with her. Believe me it's tons of fun!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    You may be doing too much too soon, sounds crazy yes but you may want to start with every other day exercise so you can get a full day rest and after a couple of weeks add a day and so on and so on.

Babies not only require a lot they rob you of a lot of sleep, proper eating and time......it goes fast so enjoy it :wink:

Your body is trying to tell you it needs some rest so listen. A good beginning exercise program could be as easy as taking the baby for a walk in the stroller in the am and maybe again in the pm. 6 month olds are just about the right size for you to lay on the floor and place them on your shins and do some leg lifts, they get a kick out of it and you burn calories.

My bosses wife is in excellent shape and she made a comment after baby #4 that she was trying to do to much to soon because she was exhausted so she took one workout out during the week for about a month, and she has a rocking body....not ashamed to admit I am jealous :laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I have a huge respect for people that have babies and are doing this. I have no kids but teach school and by the time I'm done with teaching and then 50 min of cardio everyday afterwards I'm freaking EXHAUSTED!! I have no clue how you guys do it!!:drinker:
  • evolve33
    evolve33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    my baby girl is seven weeks old and she does soak up a ton of energy :yawn:
    for me, continuing my prenatals, napping with her, drinking lots of water and acai berry juice once a day keeps my energy up.
    also don't forget your breakfast you need the fuel! i like complex carbs with a little protien; shredded wheat or oat meal with skim milk, or an egg and a slice of wheat toast...
  • AmyLou9903
    Options
    Definitely make sure you aren't cutting calories too much if you are breastfeeding.

Also, take one nap with her (if you're home during the day).

Finally, if the weather is nice, pop the little darling into the stroller and just GO! Even if you aren't going very fast at first, you're still moving. The bonus is, you'll have to push harder as s/he grows!