Low Impact Workout Ideas/Advice

Options
Hey everyone, I'm needing some exercise ideas for low impact, I had shoulder surgery last month, and I'm now starting to do strengthening at therapy, and I would like some ideas for workouts that don't quite involve the shoulder/arm until I feel more comfortable to use it more, I'm starting at 1-2 lbs at therapy. Any advice/ideas for low impact exercises would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of injuries and really like my smart hula hoop, it's basically zero impact
  • tnewlon21
    tnewlon21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Xellercin wrote: »
    I have a bunch of injuries and really like my smart hula hoop, it's basically zero impact

I think I know what you're talking about, is that the hula hoop that has a ball thing attached to the string that goes around the hoop? I've thought about purchasing one of those, but wasn't sure how successful it is in helping to lose weight as far as exercise goes.
  • Rcassidy1968
    Rcassidy1968 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using mine for over a week and I’ve already took an attachment I was wondering if when logging this we can use it as belly dancing as there doesn’t seem to have hoola hoop as exercise
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Rebounder! Burns huge calories, is easy, super gentle on your joints and it's FUN.
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/nasa-the-trampoline-and-you/
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Get a bike!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Should recovery sucks. I would concentrate on lower end. Leg curls, press, lifts. That sort of thing. Walk. I wouldn't do any cardio that moves the shoulder around. Recovery is key to not have to do it again. I had shoulder surgery 2x and did what the PT said to the Letter!

Do what your PT tells ya.