Advice for a desperate lady!

Options
Hi

So my heaviest weight was 290lbs this was at the start of the first covid lock down. So over the 2 years after that I am now 220lbs. Which I am over the moon about but I didn’t count calories. I ate less and moved more which clearly worked but now I am stuck at this weight for a few months now.

It’s time to bite the bullet and log my foods which is fine but mentally I feel hungry all the time. I am 5ft 4in and go to the gym 4 times a week with a mix of cardio and strength from a pt.

My calories are set at 1783 as per a calorie calculator. Is this enough? Should I use the mfp and then eat the exercise ones back?

I drink 3 litres of water a day so I am really not thirsty.

Any hints/tips for reducing hunger?

Thanks for any replies ❤️

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Hi

So my heaviest weight was 290lbs this was at the start of the first covid lock down. So over the 2 years after that I am now 220lbs. Which I am over the moon about but I didn’t count calories. I ate less and moved more which clearly worked but now I am stuck at this weight for a few months now.

It’s time to bite the bullet and log my foods which is fine but mentally I feel hungry all the time. I am 5ft 4in and go to the gym 4 times a week with a mix of cardio and strength from a pt.

My calories are set at 1783 as per a calorie calculator. Is this enough? Should I use the mfp and then eat the exercise ones back?

I drink 3 litres of water a day so I am really not thirsty.

Any hints/tips for reducing hunger?

Thanks for any replies ❤️

Yes. That is how MFP is designed. That being said, some people find the calorie burns too high and eat 1/2 or 3/4ths of exercise calories back. You have to experiment to see what works for you. I personally have found the calorie counts spot on and had no trouble losing while eating all my exercise calories.
  • nursekirsty
    nursekirsty Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you

I shall do that!
  • skellyc74
    skellyc74 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You could add some back in, say 200/300 to allow an extra snack per day.
    Congratulations on the weight loss.
  • nursekirsty
    nursekirsty Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you that’s very helpful