afterburn is REAL

Options
I have just started wearing a bodymedia fit device and boy is it cool. I did weight training and an hour of cardio yesterday and JUST an hour of cardio today. The calorie difference is amazing. I haven't completed my day yet but it looks like on the day I did weights I burnt 300 plus more calories in the afternoon (I exercised in the morning both days) then I did when I just did cardio. Tomorrow I have some appointments so I think I will wear it all day and just see what happens with just a regular day of being mom with no exercise.

I logically knew this, but it is great to really see it.

have a great evening all,
susan

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That's cool.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Nice! Thanks for sharing! I keep thinking I need to get something like that, especially when I read threads like this!
  • melbaby925
    Options
    I have a bodybugg and LOVE it! You should do interval cardio and watch that residual burn as well. It's pretty cool to see how it works - I burn so many more calories than I thought I did!
  • danyelle318
    danyelle318 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the bodymedia, I need to reactivate my account. I loved how it tracked my sleep, so I could see on average how much sleep I was getting. It's a good device to have!
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    fascinating - and HOW MUCH DO THESE THINGS COST? Going for some google action right now...
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    and I need the sleep piece, too...
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    wowwww i need that. im SO curious how many calories im actually burning all day long.
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Good Job, and yeah Afterburn is real, you will burn more calories in the 48hrs after a good Cardio workout than you do actually doing the stuff, you just need to find stuff that will max the effect for your body :-D

Again Good Job :)
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    what is a bodymedia fit device?? My trainer talks about the after burn...... all i know is that I'm losing weight and inches.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    So nice that it isn't yet another healthy choice myth! Thanks for sharing!!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of either a bodybugg or bodymedia but price is prohibitive for me :noway:
  • suzibrew
    Options
    Thanks for responding everyone! They are about $250. I asked for one for my birthday, felt too guilty spending it on myself! I was also amazed at how many calories I am burning, you would think this last 10 pounds would come off easier : )

I just thought I would share so maybe you all would think twice about skipping your weight training : )

have a great evening!
    Susan