I need help!!

Options
I have a lot to lose. I’m eating salads and protein shakes I’m staying well under my calories. I’m exercising 5-6 days a week. I’m staying in a calorie deficit. I have weighed the exact same for 3 weeks. I need help?? Please.

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Can you elaborate on "protein shake"? Some powders are mostly protein, add some water or milk for 30g protein under 200 calories. Others are much higher calories, plus people can add all sorts of stuff themselves.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    How long since you started? And what's your weight and calorie intake?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kathygouldsmith1
    kathygouldsmith1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. The protein shake is premiere vanilla.
    I am not comfortable stating my weight here but suffice it to say at my Drs office I am considered morbidly obese. I have 90-100 lbs to lose
  • skellyc74
    skellyc74 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Tracking every single thing that passes your lips?
    How do you know you are staying well under your calories? How many calories a day are you aiming for?
    No one here cares what you weigh. But if you ask for help and advice you will get it.
  • kathygouldsmith1
    Options
    I’ve heard everything from I’ve eaten to little, to eating the wrong things etc. I know I am under my calories because I’m tracking and I’m not adding exercise calories. I literally have
    Breakfast
    Collagen supplement
    Pre workout
    Metamucil
    In water
    Lunch
    Vanilla Premiere protein drink
    In cold brew
    Dinner
    Big salad
    Lettuce
    Spinach
    Tomato
    Cucumber
    Shredded cheese
    Carrot
    Zucchini
    Sunflower seeds
    Cottage cheese
    2 tablespoons dressing
    6 croutons
  • cjacobsen37
    cjacobsen37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If your calories are too low, your body will start hoarding away the fat as it thinks you're starving. If you're not putting your exercise in, then it's not a true representation. If you're exercising all of your calories away, there's nothing left to nourish your body. However, I'm not a professional, but had the same problem before.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @kathygouldsmith1 - many things can mask weight loss on the scale, including menstruation and ovulation, sore muscles, sunburn, travel, injuries, etc, etc. Do any of these apply to you?

And since I see you are a KC fan from your profile pic...GO BEARS!!! :D
  • kathygouldsmith1
    Options
    I thank you all for your insight and I’m hoping for a loss this week. My exercise is cardio mostly in a VR headset. It is so much fun but I sweat my butt off.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I’ve heard everything from I’ve eaten to little, to eating the wrong things etc. I know I am under my calories because I’m tracking and I’m not adding exercise calories. I literally have
    Breakfast
    Collagen supplement
    Pre workout
    Metamucil
    In water
    Lunch
    Vanilla Premiere protein drink
    In cold brew
    Dinner
    Big salad
    Lettuce
    Spinach
    Tomato
    Cucumber
    Shredded cheese
    Carrot
    Zucchini
    Sunflower seeds
    Cottage cheese
    2 tablespoons dressing
    6 croutons

It matters what not. How much it does.
  • Amberelise40
    Amberelise40 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Some people forget to count their liquid calories. Are you only having water throughout the day? I don't see you accounting for any beverages. Just curious.
  • kathygouldsmith1
    Options
    I exercise 5-6 days a week and don’t add calories for it. Thank you for your kindness.
  • TicTacToo
    TicTacToo Posts: 76 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi OP - I joined MFP a few weeks ago. My weight hasn't changed much in the last few weeks (maybe 2lb in a month) but I've lost at least an inch off my waist cos I'm exercising. This morning I got cranky about something, huffily put my hands on my hips, then realised with a shock that my fingers were feeling muscles instead of belly. It was like, "Far out! I have some obliques!!!" So I'm just trying to say, don't pay the scale much mind, and find other ways to measure your progress :-)