How to avoid loose skin?

Options
I have two kids. With my first, i got a TON of stomach stretch marks but a few weeks after giving birth I had abs again & no loose skin. Now with my second daughter I had about 12 weeks ago, I have ever more stretch marks & a a lot of belly fat. I’m trying to lose about 1.5 pounds a week. I dislocated my knee a week ago & can’t work out for a while. How can I avoid getting loose skin while loosing weight? Thank you!

Replies

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Some people swear by cocoa butter to help tighten the skin. It may help a little, who knows. Otherwise....time will certainly help, as you lose weight there will inevitably be some loose skin, but it will, in part, adapt to tighten up. Beyond that, I'm afraid surgery is the only real alternative. I had my second baby 11 years ago, and my tummy still flaps in the wind a bit when I'm holding a plank. My solution is to just not look down.

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
    Losing weight slowly rather than quickly supposedly helps.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Usually the body can drop weight faster than the skin can shrink and tighten, so there’s always loose skin at first. As we get older, the body has a harder time “absorbing” that loose skin, so with your 1st it might have been easy, with your 2nd it might be harder/slower. I know at my age I’ll probably always have a little extra skin at my waistline, it just is what it is.

There are some creams that have some history of helping, but really just time is the best helper.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Losing weight slowly rather than quickly supposedly helps.

This and heavy lifting after carrying 6 kids full term has tightened up my skin and everything.