Using Jordan’s skinny syrups

Options
PlantLady2110
PlantLady2110 Posts: 2 Member
Hi guys
I recently got some Jordan’s skinny syrups to use in my coffee but I actually found them too sweet in coffee. How else does everyone else use them as I don’t want them to go to waste. Looking forward to tips and tricks so these syrups aren’t wasted.
Thanks

Replies

• MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My family primarily uses them as add-ins for frozen yogurts and sorbets and protein shakes made with unflavored protein powder. Some flavors are also excellent to use a *small* bit in a tall glass of water or unsweetened tea for a little taste of luxury!

I'm sure there's other uses for them, but hopefully that will help you get started.
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I cook with it sometimes. Wherever a sweetener is needed. I put it in oats, muffins, pancakes, protein shakes, yogurt. you can do a whole lot with them.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I use it in coffee, just a little bit. 1 bottle lasts me a whole year! I double brew coffee over ice, so it's pretty strong and can handle a little sweet.
  • PlantLady2110
    PlantLady2110 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fantastic thanks everyone
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,460 Member
    Options
    I make chocolate or red velvet pancakes supplemented with protein, liquid whey, eggs, liquid eggs, and cottage cheese. Skinny syrup adds back a little of the sweetness that all that protein kind of washes out of the cake mix I make the batter from.

I use it to sweeten low cal homemade ice creams.

Wonderful in iced coffee, chai lattes.

I went through a period where I was upping my daily use, but after spending a few weeks out of town, with no supply, my tolerance dropped and they are very sweet to me again in half serving or less doses.

Loath the Torani low cal syrups. Have tried them twice and tossed them.

TJ Maxx, Marshall’s, Ross always have an excellent selection at about $3.99 a bottle. Our favorite is salted caramel, followed by just about any chocolate, and the coconut syrup.

I’ve just bought a bottle of the Jordan’s Simple Syrup to try for when I just want a dash of sweetness. Haven’t opened it yet.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Use them to sweeten your oatmeal. Use them in a mug of microwaved milk. Use them to sweeten up a compatible herbal tea. Use them in baking!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I use them in my workday breakfast of a chocolate protein shake. Have used hazelnut, coconut, salted caramel, pecan pie, etc. Just for something different than chocolate all the time.
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I make mocktails using a large pour of soda water (I have a Soda Stream) with 1-2 oz of syrup (preference is for peach Bellini, cherry, cosmo, and strawberry key lime) some kombucha (usually homemade) and a splash of diet lemonade. Ends up being less than 20 kcal for about 32 oz of drink. I add real spirits when I have the inclination.

I also use various flavors in yogurt, both regular and frozen made in the Ninja Creami.
  • Frogberry85
    Frogberry85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, they tend to be on the sweeter side, I just use a small amount. It makes coffee taste like a treat.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    We use the skinny syrups for everything.

Beverages (coffee, tea, water, club soda, etc)
    Add to plain nonfat Greek yogurt with fresh fruit for interesting flavors
    Syrup and water in a spray bottle for air popped popcorn (the salted caramel is really good this way)
    Add into recipes - my homemade sloppy joe recipe has a drop of the cinnamon dolce syrup in it instead of any kind of sugar and it is a family favorite
    Add a drop into cake mixes or vanilla frosting to alter the flavors
    Add to your milk of choice instead of chocolate or strawberry milk you can have pistaschio latte milk or something fun
    Mix into your protein shakes or smoothies
    Dollop into your oatmeal or cream of wheat hot cereals
    A few drops in your pancake or waffle mix is sooo good
    I love adding the fruity flavors to my club soda for unique sugar free soda flavors
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Winter Trio over the weekend: White Chocolate Mocha, Salted Caramel Swirl, and Cinnamon Vanilla. I'm excited to try them...