What are your favorite healthy-ish snacks from Sams?

Options
I have a couple I’ve been getting, but looking for more ideas.
Single serving hummus cups. (180 cal)
Karma probiotic water (20 cal)
Cinnamon churro almonds (150 cal)
What are your go to items?

Replies

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I love both Sam's and Costco, but rarely buy individually packed snacks. Instead, I buy (and save!) bulk nuts, granola, rice cakes, nut butters and dried fruit to make up my own pre-measured snack bags. I will buy their protein bars and absolutely crave those BelVita breakfast biscuits.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    Bulk bags of beef jerky. I like Costco’s Pacific Gold brand. Low cal, great protein boost.

When I was a kid my mom occasionally made homemade beef jerky in the oven for dad’s hunting trips, and it was a world class treat for us to get a piece, but it was disastrously messy, so she rarely made it.

I’ve made some in a dehydrator, but it’s such a pain to slice, and clean the trays I don’t bother anymore.

But anyway, beef jerky has happy associations
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Bulk bags of beef jerky.
    I’ve made some in a dehydrator, but it’s such a pain to slice, and clean the trays I don’t bother anymore.
    Good choice! I love jerky, but rarely buy it since I want to eat the entire package in one go.
    The trick to slicing the meat is to throw it into the freezer and slice while it's still semi-frozen. Drying a bit in a low temp oven before transferring to the dehydrator plus spraying the trays with cooking oil makes clean-up a breeze.

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I do really enjoy Sam's Club's The Better Nut Bar with dark chocolate and sea salt. They are fairly low in added sugar and are mostly nuts, not a lot of oat & rice crisp fillers. They also have stupid-cheap plain Greek yogurt, and giant bags of frozen sliced strawberries. I usually find their produce to be hit and miss on whether it's a lower price than Winco, but sometimes they have really good grapes or Sungold Kiwis, or a great price on huge pineapples... and their in-house sushi is awesome. I will say they seem to get in some exclusive types of produce that I don't see elsewhere. Oh and I love their big container of unpitted dates!
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    quaker rice cake pops bags , almonds, fruit cups when the week is insane and I dont have the time to prep fresh fruit, large bags of kettle pop corn that's all i can think of at this time off the top of my head
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's a snack or not, but I love the Member's Mark guacamole cups on low cal toast with Daisy cottage cheese and everything bagel seasoning. Usually around 200-300 calories, lots of protein (from the cottage cheese), and it's filling!