I think I think too much!

Options
This morning as I was walking into work, I noticed the way my pants were lose. That led me to, "Wow, I've really lost a lot of weight and fat. This feels great." I know that I felt this a lot last week, but never stopped to mindfully consider what that meant in terms of my eating behavior.

I do believe it relaxed my mind, which led to skipping my Saturday work out. Then I wasn't as careful to track my calories.

I also had realized last week that I am feeling really proud of the way I look right now and need to have my family take some 'new fat' pictures (in a bathing suit perhaps) to shake me up again.

Loose pants, feeling 'skinny', slacking off. There are two things I need to do: the pictures, and new pants that are tight again, so that I will feel my progress in the way my pants fit.

I know this is jumbled, and I am sorry about that, but is there anyone out there who can follow what I am saying:? Is this the case with you as well?

Brenda

Replies

• Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This morning as I was walking into work, I noticed the way my pants were lose. That led me to, "Wow, I've really lost a lot of weight and fat. This feels great." I know that I felt this a lot last week, but never stopped to mindfully consider what that meant in terms of my eating behavior.

I do believe it relaxed my mind, which led to skipping my Saturday work out. Then I wasn't as careful to track my calories.

I also had realized last week that I am feeling really proud of the way I look right now and need to have my family take some 'new fat' pictures (in a bathing suit perhaps) to shake me up again.

Loose pants, feeling 'skinny', slacking off. There are two things I need to do: the pictures, and new pants that are tight again, so that I will feel my progress in the way my pants fit.

I know this is jumbled, and I am sorry about that, but is there anyone out there who can follow what I am saying:? Is this the case with you as well?

Brenda
  • jaglover04
    jaglover04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    YES!! I have a long way to go till my goal but knock 12 off and i start slacking!! Gained back 2 lbs and was so mad at myself but still didn't buckle down just cut back a little more!! So funny you post this b/c i was just thinking about this and how i think i can do what i want now b/c i've lost 12 of the 40 lbs i want to loose!! And also thanks to that i will not be meeting my mini goal for my birthday WAY TO GO JO!!
  • mgeek40
    mgeek40 Posts: 36
    Options
    Wow I went through this this week and the 3 lbs I gaind back really smacked me with reality. Guessed we have to keep moving forward no matter what. Loved the idea of fat pictures in a bathing suit. Thanks for posting its always great to find out you are not alone in thinking/feeling something.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Same here! Lost a little, then became less focused for a while.

Luckily, I'm back to being focused again:smile:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Same thing, I read on a post recently, or somewhere, maybe not on a post. That people who are successful at losing and KEEPING the weight off have made some significant life changes, like their diet is forever altered. That doesn't mean never a cookie or pizza again, but it does mean those can never be the staples of our diet. Also, thoes that successfully kept weight off continued a work out regeime that included about an hour a day atl least 4 or 5 days a week. So, its really about change, not diet, but really changing our lives.