Losing weight without exercise.

Options
I fell on the treadmill Monday night and I scraped both of my knees pretty badly. I was in a groove with my exercise and now I can't really do much of anything. I can do some upper body stuff, but no cardio or lower body. I don't want to ruin all the hard work I have done in the past few weeks. I am working really hard on keeping my calories on the low side, but I don't know how much longer that will work.

So my question is: Is it possible to lose weight without exercise.

Replies

• DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I fell on the treadmill Monday night and I scraped both of my knees pretty badly. I was in a groove with my exercise and now I can't really do much of anything. I can do some upper body stuff, but no cardio or lower body. I don't want to ruin all the hard work I have done in the past few weeks. I am working really hard on keeping my calories on the low side, but I don't know how much longer that will work.

So my question is: Is it possible to lose weight without exercise.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Sure. I lost 10lbs that way.... staying at my recommended calorie intake (not going over very often).
    The thing is exercise gives muscle tone.
    So, don't be alarmed if your muscles lose some tone and endurance while you are healing.
  • kimmaboo
    kimmaboo Posts: 31
    Options
    well if you eat your callories then yes they give you a number that is below you bmr and that means just sitting you burn x amount so if you eat healthy you will loose but it will be slower than when you exercize
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Ideally, exercise and diet go together. But you can lose weight without exercise. Be very careful with the your caloric intake and watch that you don't go heavy on carbs. A bit more protein might help.
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the replies. I will take everything into consideration.