Cheat days

Options
Hey guys. 175 cm male 99 kg. I consume 2k calories daily. I was wondering if I could eat 1500 calories 6 days of the week..and then on one day I can consume 3000 calories along with the 2000. Would that work and be perfectly fine?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    You might get some scale fluctuations (uptick after your 5000 calorie day from extra food waste in your system and extra carbs and sodium). But if 2000 calories is the level at which you maintain your weight, it should theoretically work.

I question whether it is a good idea, because 5000 calories sounds like enough to be sick from, and 1500 calories 6 days a week might make you very hungry. As a 1m66 woman weighing 60kg, I can't even make 1500 calories a day work for me
  • OperationBigMelones
    OperationBigMelones Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Technically this would "work" however I don't see it working long term. This method is known as calorie banking and is a legitimate option, I would recommend going with 1800 opposed to 1500 as this would be more sustainable in the long term.
  • sultank101
    sultank101 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    You might get some scale fluctuations (uptick after your 5000 calorie day from extra food waste in your system and extra carbs and sodium). But if 2000 calories is the level at which you maintain your weight, it should theoretically work.

I question whether it is a good idea, because 5000 calories sounds like enough to be sick from, and 1500 calories 6 days a week might make you very hungry. As a 1m66 woman weighing 60kg, I can't even make 1500 calories a day work for me

I agree it might make me hungry. but usually on the weekend I go out and I tend to get hungry more. okay not like 5000 maybe 3.5k ish I guess..and also no..2000 is not the level at which I maintain..I lose 0.5kg weight per week by just eating 2k calories regardless of exercise. but since u said it would work I guess I'll do it
  • sultank101
    sultank101 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Technically this would "work" however I don't see it working long term. This method is known as calorie banking and is a legitimate option, I would recommend going with 1800 opposed to 1500 as this would be more sustainable in the long term.

why wouldn't it work long term? just curious. and actually I think ur right.1800 sounds better
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Even 3.5K is a lot, and since your goal is to lose weight, is it wise to do that each week?

On your weekend binge day, maybe do some substitutions? Carry a protein or granola bar for a snack instead of getting fast food. Have mashed potatoes or tomato pasta sauce instead of fries or creamy sauce. Avoid dessert. Do a weights workout that day, at least the extra carbs and protein will do some good.

If you're weighing weekly for tracking, do that in the middle of the week, since the weekend binge will retain more water.