Joined and in need of support.......

cmarsh456
cmarsh456 Posts: 1
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all,

I just wanted to say hi and see how everyone is doing today..... My sister introduced me to the site and I'm really excited about joining. I LOVE the calorie counter, I started one myself on Excel but since I was only able to access it at work it was hard for me to keep up with it since I always forgot to write down what I had for dinner/snacks. So being able to access it anywhere really helps. I think the hardest thing will be the exercise part. I don't like exercising and it keeping it up is the hardest thing to do. So if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful. I hope I meet many awesome people along this journey and I'm looking forward to reaching my goal weight. :o)

Replies

• Hi there i am also new to this message board but have been using this site for 6 months. It really helps keep me on track with my calorie count. I also am not a fan of working out, but so far i have lost 46 lbs.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Welcome you came to the right place. you will find a lot of great support here. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Welcome! I know what you mean about the exercise - that part is tough to stay motivated. Just walking around the block, or a 30 minute non-stop house cleaning will burn calories that you can count toward exercise. Feel free to add me as a friend! :smile:
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Hello, I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have. It's so helpful towards keeping track of what you're doing, and the people on here are wonderful! Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • CourtneyLeigh83
    CourtneyLeigh83 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi! I am new to this site as well. I am also not a huge fan of exercise in general. I found the best thing for me was to find something that I enjoy doing that doesn't feel like "working out". I started cardio-kickboxing a year ago and love it! My daughter does karate in the same building at the same time as the kickboxing classes so I have no excuses, but it turns out I really enjoy doing it anyway. I just had a baby six weeks ago and am getting back into my routine and I found I really missed kickboxing - and I only took six weeks off. It may take a while to find something you really enjoy doing but it is worth it, and the great thing is most gyms and fitness centres will offer you a free trial class so you can see if you enjoy it before you sign up.
This discussion has been closed.