Anyone else have this problem with jeans?

Options
Hi, so ever since i can remember, i have had trouble finding pants, even in my "skinnier" days. I am a size or maybe 2 smaller in my legs than I am in my waist! Right now, I am wearing my jeans at a size 18. The waist is starting to fit better, but the legs are huge! I hate this problem. I really need to cut belly fat. Or find jeans that fit my disproportional body! Ha, like i said i have been like this since middle school. Any suggestions on cutting belly fat besides sit ups? Or better jeans? lol I am curious to see if anyone else has this problem.

Replies

• G8r4evr
    G8r4evr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I always have to size up in the waist, which makes them too long for me. So frustrating. Limits me to only jeans with "Short" legnths, which are few and far between =(
  • Tarheelgrl4life
    Options
    Try Old Navy Jeans. They have different fits. I'm an 18 as well and normally have the same problem. baggy every where BUT the waist. I wear the Sweatheart or Flirt style at Old Navy and they fit great!
  • Bigmomma0u812
    Options
    Oh honey you're speaking my language. I have a big belly and much skinner legs and arms and I have a small butt and hips (to be as fat as I am in the belly). I have never been able to find jeans that fit me well. I stopped wearing jeans and started wearing elastic waist pants years ago but I think that just enabled me to gain even more. I wish I knew what the solution was. I have PCOS and those people hold on to belly fat more than others. I'm not saying you have it but it could be one possibility. I've never been able to spot reduce so even at my skinniest I still have a belly but I myself have never been smaller than an 18 in my adult life so I just don't have an answer. Just wanted to say I hear ya and you're not alone!
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Skinny Jeans. I have the same problem and I have started to buy skinny jeans.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    cardio will help much more than sit-ups.....
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My 18s were like that too, you just need to find a brand that works for you.

I personally love Aurora by Wrangler, but I like my jeans to be slightly tight or fitted. Old Navy is 2nd best but since I've started working out and strength training I'm having the baggy leg problem with them too.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I need to get pants about 2 sizes larger than my waist b/c of my hips and thighs. It's frustrating, has gotten worse since I lost weight, and I just pretty much HATE shopping for pants. Good luck!
  • Maydalis
    Maydalis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i have the opposite problem! when they fit my hips, they get pulled down because it's so tight at my thighs. but when they fit my thighs they're dancing around my hips.
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have always been bigger in the stomach and had smaller legs. I always had muffin top so my pants would fit in the legs until i tried american eagle jeans they seem to fit well!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My daughter buys skinny jeans, but one size up. She wears a 9/10 jean from Aeropostale, but their skinny jeans in size 11/12. You might have to try a few brands to see which fit best.

Look for a jean that's got a bit of spandex mixed into the fiber content.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am forever trying to find jeans that fit right. With most of them, if I can get them over my thighs, the waist is huge. If the waist is the right size, I can't get them over my thighs. It's not that I have a tiny waist, I just have some serious thighs. My current favorite is Gap Curvy jeans. I have finally found a brand that has realized that women have hips and thighs. I also avoid flared legs because I'm short and they make me look shorter and make my thighs look even bigger. And I wore skinny jeans when they were popular the in the 80s. I will not make that mistake again.
  • barbarabelk
    Options
    I've found that jeans from Torrid tend to fit me a lot better than most other stores.

Also at Lane Bryant, their jeans come in three different fits for each size. I'm a yellow =D
  • bflicker11
    Options
    I can't stand looking for jeans. I have a smaller waist and wide hips and thigs. My jeans are always tight in the thighs and loose in the waist.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i have a couple pairs of source of wisdom jeans that fit me really well, and the "stretchy-ish" jeans fit best. i have the same problem. all my weight is coming off my legs and butt, but my belly isn't going anywhere :(
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    I've always had that problem. I'm also high waisted so all these low cut styles just kill me! The best fit I've found are Levi's Signature At Waist jeans. They have then at Walmart, about $25. The nice thing is they sort of hold in the tummy and give you a smooth waist (the same size jean in a low cut style will give me a muffin top - but a bigger size won't stay up).

I definitely recommend cardio to burn belly fat. Crunches will work your abs but won't get rid of the layer of flab hiding them.
  • saraann752003
    Options
    I have several requirements for my jeans...
    1. They have to hold up to my field work, or be cost effective if they don't. I wear jeans 5+days a week and if they aren't tough enough then I end up buying more often.
    2. No muffin tops
    3. They should look good enough for me to feel good about myself, but fit well enough that I'm not uncomfortable.

I generally go with the American Eagle Brand (I do buy Old Navy sometimes but they tear up too easily), I buy them online only since they offer a broader range of sizes and you can get specials with no shipping when they are on sale if you watch.

My problem is I'm short, I'm not in proportion and I wear boots every day so I have a limited number of styles that will work for me. I found that the boyfriend and artist styles work but the keep getting rid and bringing them back off and on. I also buy a range between 14 and 16 and depending on my body's feeling depends on the size I wear that day.

It took a lot of trial and error though and the key point is, all cuts and styles and brands and sizes run different... don't pay attention to the numbers, find what fits and makes you feel good and go with it! Don't get discouraged when trying them on and know that almost ALL women hate buying pants!!!!

Edit: Also, if you need to, jeans CAN be altered, but I generally don't want to invest in this when I'll probably rip them to shreds anyway!
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Target has a line called "denizen" with different fits. I have the same problem as you and they have a pair with a normal waist and the thigh/leg is a size smaller. It's for people with bigger bellies and smaller legs. I love em!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm having good luck with Old Navy.
  • juggalotus
    Options
    Try Old Navy Jeans. They have different fits. I'm an 18 as well and normally have the same problem. baggy every where BUT the waist. I wear the Sweatheart or Flirt style at Old Navy and they fit great!

Old Navy jeans are all I wear! I wear sweetheart's all the time haha. But the legs are so freaking baggy! It doesn't do anything for my "figure"
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Lee's Slender Secret Jeans are the best. I have always had that problem too until I found them.