nossmf Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Oh they look great on the right butt. Not so great on others. :D

Sounds like most fashion ideas...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    They are all over my gym. Both versions. I just can't. I just chalk it up to "I'm too old" for that fashion choice.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I see things and I wonder if it's just me, or if the world has gone mad.

Last time I felt it this strongly was when I saw an Advent calendar for cats, in a shop in October :D
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I always buy my friend’s cat an Advent Calendar 😳 He likes the treats and sits by the calendar every morning…
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    I'd buy an advent calendar for cats. Because it means I'd need a cat as well. Butt lift leggings though? I can only wholeheartedly say NOPE!
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    OMG, I had to google. I have no butt anymore. It's all flat and gross. Pushup pants (like pushup bra) would be fine, but that's like stuffing your bra. It's so fake!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    @ninerbuff

You seem peculiarly invested in these britches

😂

😘
    Oh they look great on the right butt. Not so great on others. :D

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

But I think the relevant factor to the potential buyer is whether their personal butt looks better in them than in regular leggings, moreso than whether it looks objectively good?

FTR: I'm a no. My flat li'l ol' lady butt is just fine the way it is, to me, and I don't care who thinks otherwise. 🙄🤣
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Cheez Louise. Now that I know about butt lift leggings, I’m spending an awful lot of time at the gym looking at other women’s butts.

I don’t get it. We bust our *kitten*-literally- to make them smaller, and then spend money to make them look cartoonish?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Cheez Louise. Now that I know about butt lift leggings, I’m spending an awful lot of time at the gym looking at other women’s butts.

I don’t get it. We bust our *kitten*-literally- to make them smaller, and then spend money to make them look cartoonish?

Some women are built that way. The same reason also some women get "cartoonish" sized boobs. To each their own. I know I have a butt that most people think is fake due to my waist ratio and heavy lifting lifestyle, I hope no one thinks I am cartoonish. *shrug*
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    The ideal rear has changed over the last 30 years. JLo's the pioneer. Along came KK and the rest is history. They made the culture pop. Baby got back. These leggings rock Niner's world, so live and let live. We're all about the tiny hiney out here because we actually feel sorry for the horse. When you knock everything off shelves on both sides of the aisle, winning.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Those... are not designed for my build! 😂😂
  • springlering62
    Options

Some women are built that way. The same reason also some women get "cartoonish" sized boobs. To each their own. I know I have a butt that most people think is fake due to my waist ratio and heavy lifting lifestyle, I hope no one thinks I am cartoonish. *shrug*

I get that, and good for you! Def “winning” as
    @Hiawassee88 says.

But (butt?) for realz, some are just boggling now that I’m looking.

It reminds me of twenty years ago when I was working the concessions stand for fund raisers at the giant arena downtown. Things were slow and my friend idly started talking about how to recognize breast enhancements, which were a pretty new thing back then. I couldn’t unsee other womens boobs for a while after that either.

I’d ask “why is the grass always greener and why can’t we be happy yada yada” but then again, I had a life changing reduction, so……🤷🏻‍♀️

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Well when are short women with huge thighs going to come into fashion then? That’s what I want to know.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

I get that, and good for you! Def “winning” as
    @Hiawassee88 says.

But (butt?) for realz, some are just boggling now that I’m looking.

It reminds me of twenty years ago when I was working the concessions stand for fund raisers at the giant arena downtown. Things were slow and my friend idly started talking about how to recognize breast enhancements, which were a pretty new thing back then. I couldn’t unsee other womens boobs for a while after that either.

I’d ask “why is the grass always greener and why can’t we be happy yada yada” but then again, I had a life changing reduction, so……🤷🏻‍♀️

Just seems like another form of body shaming... 🤷‍♀️
  • Hiawassee88
    edited August 2022
    Options
    We have more body knowledge, but it's the brain that needs retraining. We've been at for years and still have much to talk about. Body norms have changed but human biases take longer to untangle. We do pay attention to what people like. Otherwise, it wouldn't give some of us a big pinch or hurt feelings. We find our real value and uniqueness as we unravel these complex mysteries. No one has all of the answers. These issues are evolving every single day. Using filters for photos is another form of shaming your own body. Humans are bent on fitting in. It's complex.
  • springlering62
    Options
    Using filters for photos is another form of shaming your own body.

It’s not just that. I was idly reading an article on Apple News while I ate breakfast. It has a photo of a very buff and thin Nicole Kidman on the cover of some magazine, captioned “This is what the new 50 looks like”.

I was thinking holy cow, I know the effort that took, she earned it.

But then further in the article was a while discussion of using makeup to highlight and create muscle and definition shadows where there are none, or to dramatize the effect.

I just wanted to lay my head down and cry.

There’s so many, many ways to fool the rest of us.

BTW just hitched up my KDeer leggings to leave for a power class in a minute. Sometimes it’s a power effort in and of itself to get them on, lol.

I guess I can forgive the butt enhancement leggings when these suckers create a flat-belly.

That makes me flat forward and aft. 🤣. Fooled ya!
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    @springlering62 Would you hold it against me if I said you had a beautiful body? Bellamy Brothers
    Can I tell you something. I'm not leaving because of the barcode scanner. I've never used it. Rainbow trout don't have any codes. Go girl.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    The ideal rear has changed over the last 30 years. JLo's the pioneer. Along came KK and the rest is history. They made the culture pop. Baby got back. These leggings rock Niner's world, so live and let live. We're all about the tiny hiney out here because we actually feel sorry for the horse. When you knock everything off shelves on both sides of the aisle, winning.
    Not a fan of oversized glutes. I'm just for some nice roundness.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Hiawassee88
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @ninerbuff Would you think about starting a thread where we can ask you anything. A catch-all for food/fitness questions and everything else. Just a flop-house where we can ask or answer questions the way we want to in a judgment free zone. No psychoanalysis. You can fend off any potshots taken from across the bow. Something fun with freedom. Let it all hang out. A real lollapalooza.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    Chit chat. Fun and games. 👍