Stop the full screen ads at lunch

Options
dtoub
dtoub Posts: 2 Member
With this new version, every time I log lunch I get a full screen ad that takes over my screen. It’s maddening. Now I am thinking I either stop logging lunch or just ditch MFP after many years. Stop.

Best Answer

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 726 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    We’re sorry for any inconvenience you are experiencing with the ads in our program. We will share your feedback with our respective teams to review.

If you feel there may be an actual issue with the ads, we do ask that you write into our Support Team directly so we can take a closer look. Please go to https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com. Thanks!

Answers

• kcardenas725
    kcardenas725 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It’s so annoying, i could put up with the banner ads but the whole screen ads make my blood pressure go up
  • xtravisfx
    xtravisfx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Same, I get that I’m not a subscriber; make it half the cost and I’d pay it, but I’ll be out after nearly 12 years if I’m going to have to deal with those full screen ads much longer.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Me too, I thought I was just accidentally clicking on something
  • McBurnsalot
    McBurnsalot Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Very frustrating and annoying to have a forced full screen ad come up while your in the middle of tracking.

Who on earth at MFP approved something like this. What a terrible idea.

Are the numerous ads all over the app not enough? Seems so greedy to force a full screen ad that disrupts using the app.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Lol, it's FREE. Ads help to KEEP IT FREE.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • suzmickelson
    suzmickelson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Agree. If I did not need to use this app for my work health program, I would use something different. The “ad” today was dangerous clickbait with the appearance of Apple settings. This has gone beyond annoying
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    they do not need to be full pagers. I totally agree, after 4500 days straight of using this app, from its infancy and being one of the original testers. It has become a full blown ad campaign app. Ads do not keep it free, they annoy customers to the point of buying an overpriced premium package. Keep the small bar ads...fine, but full pagers are almost enough for me to break the streak
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Whatever it takes to keep the lights on is fine by me. They're not running a charity here.

Leaving and quitting. The only person who will miss us is us. Truth. There's no better place to go. The grass needs watering everywhere. So you might as well stick around and gut it out.
  • GeorgiePie88
    GeorgiePie88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I’m considering ditching this ap altogether because of the full screen ads. Just. Stop. It. Please.
  • eepha
    eepha Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I'd happily pay for an ad-free calorie counting app within reason but MFP premium is simply not worth the cost. I tried it and couldn't believe how much they charge for it. But these full screen ads make the free version unusable.
  • Rock_Justice
    Rock_Justice Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Whats with the full page ad everytime I add a food item? This is straight up disrespectful to the app users.

I understand and accept ads in this app, but to interrupt the user experience to bully them into buying premium?

Used this app for 10 years or so, and it helped me lose 80 pounds of fat and put on 20 pounds of muscle, but making your app harder to use is definitely NOT a competitive advantage, and I will be looking for alternatives unfortunately.
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Not only that, but sometimes the app freezes or I have had it not sync between my mobile device and my desktop along with other malfunctions. Why should people pay when there functionality issues? Still, even when it's working correctly, I don't see any benefit to premium. I tried it over a year ago. It didn't benefit me.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It didn’t happen at that frequency for me, fortunately. It’s maybe an add per session of entering. So if I’m entering multiple items of my lunch, I get one add.

@willboywonder, sounds like a tech problem on your end. I don’t experience any glitches like you’re describing. My app never freezes. Wonder if uninstalling and reinstalling your app would fix it. Or if your phone is really old, do a factory reset and pretend you have a new phone and reinstall everything. Amazing how many computers and devices are thrown out because of software issues
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I rarely add new items so I haven't noticed. Most of my days are copy and paste, and adding saved meals.

I get the ad when opening the app every so often. Which is fine. I've had tremendous use and help from the site, so an ad here and there to try and get me to pay for it is completely understandable.
  • ginamyrmel
    ginamyrmel Posts: 70 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I agree. There are enough malfunctions in the app to discourage me from paying for premium membership. I've had it before and other than being ad-free, I don't see enough advantage to premium. What keeps me on MFP is the fabulous friends I've made.
This discussion has been closed.