Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Remove the static header on the dairy page

Options
Is it possible to not have the top bar calorie count header scroll down with my diary? It give me like a 4cm window where I can view my entries. The static header is extremely intrusive.
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Hudson
    Hudson Posts: 74 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Is it the combination of the dashboard and the space for an ad that is the concern here? What device are you on? Is screen size a factor here?
  • maureen0809
    maureen0809 Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I agree. I have a pretty large phone, Pixel 3A. And with the new format, I have the ad header taking up the top half and the huge upward curved dashboard/info area taking up the bottom fourth leaving a fourth of my screen for viewing my entries. I can't even view entries for one whole meal at a time anymore. I'm thinking the bottom curved part could be much smaller and straight across like it used to be. The ad header could definitely be smaller as well and scroll away while entering food data as twinkles4 suggested. I am 82 and at the age where I like things to be seamless and easy to use. The app was perfect for me before. Sometimes new formats don't really accomplish what they are intended to. I am curious, do premium members have more than a fourth of their screen left to enter food data.? I tried to include a screenshot but the proportion is off. However, you can see that I can really only view three lines of entries at a time.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I agree too! I have the same issues with it as maureen0809.

As I stick to very similar meals I'm tempted to go old school and use paper and pen.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yep, have very poor vision so my UI is scaled HUGE. Can only see two items at a time around the massive ads and premium harassment bar at the top.
  • maureen0809
    maureen0809 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    2nd comment: I am using my Fitbit app to log my food. It's actually quite nice and the barcode is included free at this point which will not be the case here!! It will take a while to build my food list.I can also see my food for the whole day in my Fitbit app and can click on macros or nutrients. It is working quite nicely. I will keep checking back here to see if the static intrusive half page header and bottom curved dashboard are modified letting me view more than three lines of entries at a time. I am still curious if premium members can only see three lines at a time as well??? Perhaps the half page intrusive ad head header on the Diary page is removed on their phone screens???