I Can't Run for my Life?

Options
I've never been able to really run much, and even today, I can still run only 2 minutes at the most before tiring out. I want to be able to run a full mile without stopping to walk, that would really be an accomplishment for me. What I need to know is, how do I train myself to run longer distances?

Replies

• rks6902
    rks6902 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answetr fo ryou, but am just as curious. Several friends of taken up running and one just ran her first half marathon. They are so inspiring to me that I think I amn going to start running in the morning, providing I can get myself out of bed at 4:30am. I leave for work at 6am and want to go running while the neighbors are all still asleep.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    C25K, Google it. It's awesome.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Follow the couch-5k plan. Anyone can become a runner! You start out slow and run intervals.
    The first week, you walk 5 min, run one min, walk 90 seconds, run 1 min, etc. Until you have been out for 20 minutes. Then you progress after the first week.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    Thanks, guys. I'm glad they have an app for it as well. The "coach" reminds you when to run or walk, and you can even play music while doing it.