Need some creative ideas

Options
I have been doing this for awhile and am now not only are people trying to condemn me for someone else's choices they have punished me as well! I am and have been homeless since January 2017 because they think its fun to smash automobiles and steal your home and give your contents of a 3 bedroom home to thrift stores after the neighborhood goes through everything. My question is, I am on a fixed income of social security disability for medical and usually run out of money with everyone greedy and charging astronomical prices these days.
I was getting a grilled chicken while they had this however they did away with this item. I was getting McChicken and they raised those prices as well. Does anyone have suggestions because right now and usually the last two weeks I eat once every 3 days or so while walking between 5-20 miles a day!

Replies

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you are asking for. There's a lot in your post - I'm sorry for your struggles. But what exactly is it you want advice on? A replacement McChicken burger? For cheaper?
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Go to a food pantry if you have a place to store food or a community feeding place like a soup kitchen if you cannot cook or store food.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Romans826 wrote: »
    was more concerned about what types of food that is not junk or processed. That would be protein and other healthy needs for daily existence. I do not like sugar and occasionally have soda with sugar just for some type of calories

I think you have a lot more to worry about... try food pantries.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    From where I'm standing (which, granted, is not in your shoes), I think you have much bigger concerns? I mean, really, hierarchy of needs? As others have mentioned, try food pantries. Stuff that has been donated may not be exactly what you wanted/hoped for, but food is food and if it keeps you alive, then that's something. If you have a way to cook/heat food, beans & rice make a super inexpensive meal that at least gives you some decent nutrients; if you can, throw a packet of tuna in there with it, but once again, you gotta work with what you've got. Ditto pasta - very cheap & versatile, and will fill you up.

If you go to the food pantry, ask them about other resources you may be able to tap into - I know one of the non-profits in the city where I work offers rent/utility assistance as well as food, clothes, etc to people in need.