Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm new here...need some ideas for healthy snacks that taste

momsie8
momsie8 Posts: 16
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I'm so excited about this site! I am wanting to lose 20-25 lbs and get back to my pre-babies weight. I need some ideas for healthy snacks, but they need to taste good, too! Thanks!

Replies

• Hi everyone! I'm so excited about this site! I am wanting to lose 20-25 lbs and get back to my pre-babies weight. I need some ideas for healthy snacks, but they need to taste good, too! Thanks!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you! Try cutting up some apples and sprinkling them with cinnamon....the sugars in the apples make it taste sweet and the cinnamon makes it even yummier and also aids in digestion!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    My favs right now are:

1 apple with 30g of light cheese
    1 cup of Quaker corn bran cereal (no milk) - high in fiber
    1/2 cup yogourt plus of 1 cup of berries (blueberries are my fav right now)
  • I try to keep fresh veggys on hand. Keep them cleaned and cut up if you can. If you have to take time to do it during a craving, it can deter you from eating them and grabbing something quicker (like a cookie in the cookie jar).

I love green peppers, cucs, cauliflower. I don't over do it with carrots though. You'd be surprised how many more calories carrots have then the other veggys.

I also like Yoplait Light Yogurt. Yum....for those who get ice cream cravings, this is a good substitute.

1/2 a banana will also fill me up.

And always, if you want a snack.....have a cup of water first. Sometimes that will fill me up and get my mind off the"hunger" I thought I had.
  • snack box of raisins with about a tablespoons of almonds...yummy
  • Peanut butter chocolate chip rice cakes. =)
This discussion has been closed.