Options
I am on my first day and did terrible. i did not have a made ahead menu and I think that is where i ran into trouble. making a menu a day ahead will maybe be more helpful. wish me luck and hope to talk to you all later.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    Y'know what? Perfection every day isn't essential, and perfection starting day 1 certainly isn't.

If you make some sustainable positive changes in your habits - gradually, as you have the willpower and energy to do it - and keep chipping away at it persistently and patiently, you'll surprise yourself with what you can achieve over a period of time. Just keep going, don't give up. It's powerful.

If every-day perfection were essential, I'd still be overweight/obese like I was for around 3 decades, rather than at a healthy weight (for going on 7 years now since losing). This is a thing that can be done by regular imperfect humans, I'm pretty sure, because I'm definitely one of those.

You can do this. I'm cheering for you from the sidelines!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE drops the ball sometimes. It's alright.

Planning meals, for me at least, is absolutely vital. I meal prep once (sometimes twice) a week for all the meals I am going to take to work, and go ahead and pre-log them all. I do most of the household (meaning for the entire family, as opposed to just myself) and plan ahead there too - from making the grocery list to logging my meals. If I know I'm going to be going out to eat, I either leave PLENTY of room in my daily budget (meaning calorie budget, not $$$), or, if it's a place where I already know what I'm going to eat (eg, tomorrow night we are going to a place where I always get a burger & sweet potato fries), I'll go ahead and pre-log it so I can fill in the rest of my day accordingly.

Good luck!
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    You started. So that is NOT terrible. And you figured out a way to improve an area you felt needed to be better. I started just by logging and being honest with my logging. I have learned more along the way. But the point is - you started. So well done and keep learning/adjusting/working toward your goals.
  • TicTacToo
    TicTacToo Posts: 76 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Baby steps! Small changes add up. Maybe walk somewhere you'd normally drive, or eat an apple with your morning coffee instead of cookies? I've started chewing gum when sugar cravings hit... that small change has probably saved me a ton of calories this season.

I know it's a cliche, but focus on progress, not perfection!