Halfway Body Revolution results

Options
Is Jillian Michaels too 00's? I'm really not in touch with the fitness' world trends (who is popular right now? Caroline Girvan? Is Kayla Itsines still a thing?) so when my nutritionist told me to do some workout I remembered Jillian because I did some workout years ago and I plunged in, I started with 30 day shred then I started Body Revolution. These are my first results. Difference in weight is about 13 pounds, but I'm finding the weight loss really slow - I'm 48 and approaching menopause πŸ™„ Still, I'm pretty happy with the workout results so far ☺️4qdjwohotsjz.jpeg

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    13lbs in 10 weeks, is that the timeline? Nothing slow about that. Losing 0.5-1% of your bodyweight per week is generally recommended, and even though you don't mention your starting weight, based on your pics I don't think you should aim to lose faster.

By the way, it's your calorie balance (calories in versus calories out) that determines weight loss, although exercise can help preserve or even build muscle mass while losing weight (better body composition). So Jillian Michaels versus any other 'fashionable' workout really is irrelevant, as long as you're enjoying it and it fits within your goals.

You've made great progress based on your pictures, be proud and keep going!
  • chicavq
    chicavq Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah sorry in the first pic weight is 156,5 pounds (May 19th), in the last one is 143,5 (August 26th), thanks for the support I will definetely keep going! πŸ’ͺ🏻
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a major change! Well done!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Wow very noticeable changes! Well done! You should be proud! πŸ‘
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    here's the thing - you could be Sweatin' to the Oldies or doing Jazzercise or Richard Simmons or WHATEVER, but if you're having fun (not to mention getting results), who cares?!? You're making GREAT progress, so if you're happy, keep on truckin'!
  • petitexphysique
    petitexphysique Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Sohee Lee, Meg Squats (both subscriptions!) are the most I've been recommended. I haven't tried either.

It really doesn't matter who is "in" - moving is moving, unless they are recommending something that has since been found to be dangerous.
  • shirowakirio
    shirowakirio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    JM 30 Day Shred is still my go to when I want to jump-start working out. I especially like how energetic I feel after the workout. I also do the 6 Weeks 6 Pack but don't find it as effective and is quiet boring IMO.

Am gonna have to check out BR. It doesn't matter who's in or out as long as you can stick with their program and you get results. If Shred actually does have you shredded then keep at it!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like Sydney Cummings and growingannanas on youtube