Logging P90X and Insanity on MFP?

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this site and would like to know the best way to log my workouts on MFP. I am currently doing Insanity and P90X. It seems like I would have to log each move to account for my workouts. I don't see an option to log "weight lifting" or "plyometrics". Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you,

SDillon210

Replies

• momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    I would like to know 2! A HRM is not in my budget at the moment so I'm not to sure how I would log insanity. I havent started because I wanted to get an HRM 1st but it doesnt look like that is going to happen anytime soon.
  • It does look like you have to log each move individually, which is only annoying the first time, because you can save them after that and just click on them- still more time consuming than if it were already in the system (like a saved recipe or something), but not terrible. I actually came to the message board to see if anyone else had any suggestions for it, as I am doing the p90x lean right now. :) hopefully someone else has some ideas.
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    I log it as high impact aerobics because I also do not have the money for a HRM, seems to be close enough to acurate, or as close as one can get.
  • fitcounselor
    fitcounselor Posts: 53 Member
    I'm doing a P90X/TurboFire hybrid and use my BodyBugg to track my burn and log it manually -- the reps feature is a pain in the butt for P90X, so i just use "weight training" with my total calories burned according to my BodyBugg. Wish i could be more helpful, but who has time to log every set, # of reps, etc. That's just MHO!
  • I appreciate all the feedback. Thanks:)