from 1-10...my motivation is 4, wtf??? Help!!!

Options
I use to be 100% motivated & passionate about eating healthy & being in shape. after all the non sense( med problems, no job, emotional roller coster and weight gain)....... i am ready to lose it, i eat healthy: 1500-1800 a day but I have NO motivation to workout anymore. I walk 2hrs on sundays & fridays and do 30 mins workouts on a different day but that's it, i dont workout anymore. I am a hot mess, I need my drive,motivation BACK!!! Maybe I should speak to a threapist,lol. idk. Anyone knows what I am going through?????????????????????????????????

Replies

• CindiBryce
    Options
    I use to be 100% motivated & passionate about eating healthy & being in shape. after all the non sense( med problems, no job, emotional roller coster and weight gain)....... i am ready to lose it, i eat healthy: 1500-1800 a day but I have NO motivation to workout anymore. I walk 2hrs on sundays & fridays and do 30 mins workouts on a different day but that's it, i dont workout anymore. I am a hot mess, I need my drive,motivation BACK!!! Maybe I should speak to a threapist,lol. idk. Anyone knows what I am going through?????????????????????????????????
    Stop saying you have no motivation because it only reinforces negative attitudes. Soon enough, you will adjust your actions to match your negative mindset. Try taking actions to improve your health instead of reinforcing negativity. I'm sorry about your medical problems and unemployment, but if you want to progress, you have to keep your head up and move on.
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I cant help, I am in a fairly similar situation, so I am interested in the replies.

What I am doing is making a plan of attack - playing netball 2 x a week and I have to play otherwise I am letting my team down, hitting the gym with a friend of mine another two times so I just need to workout on my own 2 x a week.
  • mstankowski
    mstankowski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have had thyroid and other medical issues. I was going to the gym 2 hours a day with a friend who lost 100lbs and I lost 5...talk about depressing. I also have been unemployed for a year now and have yet to find a job. Don't worry there are others there just like you! Somedays motivation is hard to come by but I have one friend that I text with to keep eachother on track and one that comes with me to the gym sometimes. Talking to a therapist or a close friend isn't a bad idea. Best of luck to you! Your not the only one.
  • jjhbeautiful
    jjhbeautiful Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The first thing I would do is figure out how to get rid of the negative tape in your head. I know I have or had several negative tapes concerning my weight and my health and I am slowing working through them. Maybe you are bored with what you are doing and need to do something to make it fun or interesting or challenging? Right now, I am not allowed to exercise because of my health, but when I get the okay I know that I am going to be gun hoe about it and then it peters off and sometimes you have to mix it up a little. I want to congratulate you on reaching out for some encouragement and help instead of sitting there feeling ashamed. Good job!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself every day how bad you want this. My bet is you want it more than the cupcake! Good luck!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Find and join or start your own 1 week challenge and set it to doing something small but manageble like 10 minutes of cardio every day.

Get a heart rate monitor. I got a one and soon found that the 'calories burned' at the end of each walk/run/aerobics session is an incredible motivator.

Have a gawk at this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253907-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread also very motivating.

Remember what you want and why you want it and work for it :-)

Good luck.
  • Marieanto
    Options
    Thank you all for replying, it means alot. my friends dont relate to what i am going through so its hard to talk about it with them.