Gaining weight

Options
Hello! :)
Completely new to this sort of thing. Since around the age of 11 i have had a not ao good relationship with food. From completely not eating at all - eating and making myself sick. Like alot of other people in the world i know! :(
Looking in the mirror just completely depressed me, i was never "big" i just felt alot of pressure to look and be something i wasn't when really all along i just needed to accept who i was and love me for me. Anyway.. this has continued for nearly 20 years and only recently i have accepted ME 😁 i love my body, but there are certain things about my lifestyle i would like to change. I have already made a start! 👌
I began going to the gym which was a HUGE fear of mine!! And i have been pushing myself to eat more and eat better foods.
Protein shakes have been a big help! Fruit and veg, more fish, brown bread/rice instead of white. Vitamins etc... i have STAYED the same weight in the past month, which is a little bit of a let down BUT i haven't lost any so i'm happy with that! 😁
Any help would be really appreciated!
Seeing everyones stories does build me full of confidence! Anything is possible when you set your mind to it 💪

Replies

• Bestdadm8
    Bestdadm8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Lulubelle, you know better than many that life can be a struggle! Well done for being courageous and reaching out and sharing your story.
    Fitness, health and eating well can be like a roller coaster at times.

If you like I can help and support you on your journey to discovering the new you through friendship and advice the best i can. Remember, you will always get, what you've always got, if you always do what you've always done my friend!
    You got this, if you want change, you have the power to do it with your mind!
  • Lulubelle1993
    Lulubelle1993 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes please, i just want to focus on bettering myself in every aspect
    That would be much appreciated thank you!
  • Lulubelle1993
    Options
    I think i need a friend who knows what they're doing.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    I think i need a friend who knows what they're doing.

Keep your head engaged in the process. Read the stickies and forum fitness/food/nutrition threads. You'll find many members who know what they're doing. Variety is good and there's safety in numbers. You'll find the power of deliberate living by tracking your data points. Deliberate living is powerful.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @Lulubelle1993 you are on the right path to achieve those goals of yours. There’s a lot of supportive people in this MFP community.
  • chriseditcool
    chriseditcool Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello and thank-you for sharing your story and health journey. Feel free to send me a friend request. I’m always here to offer friendship, encouragement and support!

I think if we stick together we can achieve our goals. I also have not had the greatest relationship with food. I’m looking at changing that. Because I work a job where I have to stay awake all night it’s very hard not to over indulge. Wishing you all the success!
  • DaanBjjjornsson
    DaanBjjjornsson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋
    Even if you didn't reach your goal of gaining weight yet, accepting yourself and your body, going to the gym, and eating more healthy, these are all already massive successes! Well done!
    I know the struggle of both depression and not gaining weight. 10 years ago I was severely depressed. After working on improving my mental health it slowly got better eventually but depression never really went away for long. Whenever I've been depressed I've had barely any desire to eat anything.
    Lately I've been improving my diet by gradually making small changes, eating a little bit healthier every day. Also going to the gym more often really improved my appetite. I haven't managed to gain weight just yet but I'm 100% certain we'll both figure it out sooner or later and reach our weight goals! 💪💯

Btw if you've found good advice on gaining weight please share :)
  • Lulubelle1993
    Options
    Thank yous for all your comments! Chicken and protein shakes are helping me atm! Lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming a day?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Lulubelle1993
    Options
    No idea how to tag or anything just yet 🤣 but i was trying to get at least 2000-2200 calories. I do have three kids so i find it very difficult but its not impossible!
    Had a minor set back and lost just under a stone in just a few days 🥺 currently at 7st 9lb which is affecting my mood a little bit but i wont give up. Again thank yous for all your kind words ❤