Christian mom

Options
13»

Replies

• Spunky1989
    Options
    Add me. I'm new here. Jesus is Lord! Thanks and God bless. With Christ all things are possible. These nothing too hard for Him. Speak life. Please, any Christian moms can add me.
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    you know its really not right to make fun of other people's religions. It's really no different in asking for friends who are 20, from Europe or single. I am not offended at all if people who are of a different belief then me ask for friends. I just don't go to their forum. everyone has a right to be friends with whoever they choose.

:flowerforyou: Please, I didn't meant to be offensive I thought it was funny. Apologies if you didn't feel that way.

I don't make fun of any particular religion. Personally, I was brought up as a Catholic, due to the country and family I was raised, but my family is very liberal when it comes to it - and to most things.

What I meant by my comment was to call attention to the fact that, exactly as you say, it's the same as calling for friends who belong to a certain age group, country or status: it limits you. The moment you choose to be surrounded by people like yourself, you're delimitating boundaries and categorising yourself and others. You close yourself to novelty, you stop being curious. It's you and your own and you distance yourself from the outside even more. Personally, I think this is a waste of energy, resources, and heart.

This is a great community where people should, in my opinion, forget their 'personal' preferences and embrace others' experiences. It's not about religion, it's about fitness, and whatever god you believe in, calories and exercise will hit you the same. Enjoy that and take the opportunity to accept others entirely and surround yourself by freshness. But this is just my thought.

Peace.
  • LoriDiane2
    LoriDiane2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a Christian and a mom and I have a good sense of humor. I'll be your friend! :happy:
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    you know its really not right to make fun of other people's religions. It's really no different in asking for friends who are 20, from Europe or single. I am not offended at all if people who are of a different belief then me ask for friends. I just don't go to their forum. everyone has a right to be friends with whoever they choose.

:flowerforyou: Please, I didn't meant to be offensive I thought it was funny. Apologies if you didn't feel that way.

I don't make fun of any particular religion. Personally, I was brought up as a Catholic, due to the country and family I was raised, but my family is very liberal when it comes to it - and to most things.

What I meant by my comment was to call attention to the fact that, exactly as you say, it's the same as calling for friends who belong to a certain age group, country or status: it limits you. The moment you choose to be surrounded by people like yourself, you're delimitating boundaries and categorising yourself and others. You close yourself to novelty, you stop being curious. It's you and your own and you distance yourself from the outside even more. Personally, I think this is a waste of energy, resources, and heart.

This is a great community where people should, in my opinion, forget their 'personal' preferences and embrace others' experiences. It's not about religion, it's about fitness, and whatever god you believe in, calories and exercise will hit you the same. Enjoy that and take the opportunity to accept others entirely and surround yourself by freshness. But this is just my thought.

Peace.

Absolutely beautifully written. Very nice!!
  • smile4kelsie
    smile4kelsie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I am not a mother, but I am a Christian looking for positive women role models. (: (and your name LiveLaughLove is our church phrase.) Too cool!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Christian. I'm not a mum. Does that make me un-friend-able?

I guess so. Some people are okay with excluding those who are not "like them"......
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Follower of Christ right here. I've got 4 kids.
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    add me!
  • londie4945
    Options
    add me too please!!
  • Afisher_13
    Afisher_13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looking for Christian friends on here to help keep me motivated