New and have 100lbs to lose need some support :)

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Trudie and I am a mother of 2 a 7 year old and a 6month old. This is my 2nd go at losing weight due to getting preggo I was told not allowed to diet! It threw me off but I wouldnt change anything I love my kids :) I also just had my gallbladder removed. I am 24 years old and looking for some support and motivation. My Husband is also losing weight with me but he works 3rd shift n working out together is hard now! So if you would like you can add me! Thanks and have a nice day!

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    We have a thread called Need to lose 100 lbs are more. It's really supportive! Come join us!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/343526-need-to-lose-100-lbs-or-more-lets-start-a-group?page=13
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 24 and I have over 100 to lose. Feel free to friend me!
  • docsharp
    docsharp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am looking for support as well and I have over 100lbs to lose.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    I'm 25, with about 70 lbs to lose. I, too, had my gall bladder out (amongst other things) in May, and I know how hard it can be to get your "digestive" system back. Friend me if you'd like.
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    well since we are being honest, I'm 27 and just got right under 100 lbs to go. but have been over the 100 mark for a long time. feel free to add me, anyone with the same age group and same amount to lose, please add.
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    Same here! I have more than 100 to lose and the support and motivation on MFP is phenomenal! I also suggest you check out the above-mentioned thread.. and feel free to friend me! The more friends, the better! We can do this... together!
  • RachelJE
    Options
    I have lost 140, but have about 70+ pounds to go. I have a 2 & 4 year old. I have had major digestive surgery (part of my colon removed). So not in your exact boat, but close. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I had 100 to lose when I started (before MFP) I'm down to 70 left to lose now, but feel free to friend me. The constant support of the website is really inspiring, its what gets me through every workout and helps me walk past the ice cream aisle every time (okay, most times. skinny cow sandwiches are awesome.)
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Ok, so here were my stats when I started this weight loss odyssey on February 2nd of this year:

Height - 4' 6"
    Weight - 170 (or there abouts)
    BMI - 39.6

Measurements: Neck 15, waist 39, hips 47

When I started I was unemployed and worked out at least 3-4 times a week, and if I didn't work out, I walked. I have been watching my calories and serving sizes. Not only that but I have pretty much cut out beef, except for a couple times a month. I am eating healthier and eating more turkey, chicken, pork and fish to get my protein. I have also been drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water a day.

I used to have a HUGE butt, a prominent pouch below my belly button, big butt and big rolls on my back.

My current stats as of today:

Employed in a medical office
    Height - 4' 6"
    Weight – 131.2
    BMI – 31.6

Measurements: Neck 13, waist 35, hips 39

This is all thanks to eating healthier, joining this site and exercising.

My exercise routine has since become this:

During the week – 1 20 minute walk during my lunch hour and 30-60 min of Pilates at night after work. For lunch I eat a single “Smart Ones”, “Healthy Choice” or “Lean Cuisine” meal along with munching on either some nuts, fruits or veggies. For desserts if I am craving something sweet I have a 100 calorie snack pack version of cupcakes or cookies.

Weekends - I go to the gym for 60-75 min and do both cardio and weight training.

Since I have lost so much weight I feel soooooo much better. I lost the dark circles under my eyes, and I noticed today that my abdomen is even. No buldging in certain areas. In fact I now look very similar to the way I did as a Freshman in ….. HIGH SCHOOL 15 years ago. I still can't believe that I am just over the half way point to my goal! I was looking at my old pictures and realized I physically look how I did in high school. I also went shopping the other day and bought a shirt by converse which was labelled a size "SMALL"!

I agree with everyone saying that for some reason My fitness pal just works. It is a tool which helps keeps us motivated, and gives us a support system outside of our friends and family. Sometimes we need the support from people who we may never meet but are in the same boat. I have actually been able to get 2 of my coworkers to join My Fitness Pal.

For anyone who needs help or tip here's the link to my blog where you can find all the tricks and tips as well as some good recipes. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/woja9640

Anyway I just wanted to say Thank You to all of my MFP friends for the advice, motivation and support.

Here's my before and "during" picture:

TheNewMe.jpg
  • Megn_11
    Megn_11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would gladly support you! I have recently hit my 100 lb goal. I, too, had two children (less than 13 months apart) and gained a bunch of weight because of it. You can do it!! It will take some time. It took me 3 years to reach this goal. Did I get frustrated? Yes! Did I gain weight back? Yes! But you can do it! Friend me if you'd like! ;)
  • Megn_11
    Megn_11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    And I must add that I agree that you shouldn't diet. Have you ever stuck with a diet? No! Me neither! Start with making small changes like taking a walk and switching to ground turkey instead of ground beef. The slower you start, the easier it will be to stick with and add additional changes to benefit your new lifestyle.
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    And I must add that I agree that you shouldn't diet. Have you ever stuck with a diet? No! Me neither! Start with making small changes like taking a walk and switching to ground turkey instead of ground beef. The slower you start, the easier it will be to stick with and add additional changes to benefit your new lifestyle.

I dont really diet. But I do watch what I eat and i eat smaller portions then I used to. No more soda or candy! I was at a party the other day they had cake and it was hard but I didnt give in!
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the suport I just know we all can do it! :happy:
  • mikalart
    mikalart Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello Trudy and welcome....I have been on my 100 pound journey for the past 1yr, It is going to be tough everyday. I know yu can do this just focus and dedicate yourself to being healthy...not only for you but for those wonderful kids:):flowerforyou: