Challenging myself with Biggest Loser

Options
I started watching Biggest Loser tonight, and I just "renewed" my spirit for getting fit. I decided to challenge myself using the BL as my motivation. I am tracking my weight loss, and I will calculate my percentage. Each week I will see if I am the "Biggest Loser" between me and the contestants - if so, great. I will treat myself to something - manicure, pedicure, etc. (non-food!). If not, then I will check to make sure I am "safe" (my percentage of loss is not the lowest). If it is the lowest, I won't "go home"... that doesn't work too well! Instead, I will set some physical endurance mission that I must complete (extra time on treadmill, pushups, etc.). In some ways, it would sort of mimic what they do. I will also be making my own (or modifying their) challenges to keep it interesting.

I just thought I would share in case anyone else would like to use this as well for some motivation. {{hugs}}

Replies

• leezanicole
    Options
    Good idea! That show always motivates me to push harder.
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I started watching Biggest Loser tonight, and I just "renewed" my spirit for getting fit. I decided to challenge myself using the BL as my motivation. I am tracking my weight loss, and I will calculate my percentage. Each week I will see if I am the "Biggest Loser" between me and the contestants - if so, great. I will treat myself to something - manicure, pedicure, etc. (non-food!). If not, then I will check to make sure I am "safe" (my percentage of loss is not the lowest). If it is the lowest, I won't "go home"... that doesn't work too well! Instead, I will set some physical endurance mission that I must complete (extra time on treadmill, pushups, etc.). In some ways, it would sort of mimic what they do. I will also be making my own (or modifying their) challenges to keep it interesting.

I just thought I would share in case anyone else would like to use this as well for some motivation. {{hugs}}

Good luck! What a fantastic way to keep yourself motivated. I love that show!
  • mikalart
    mikalart Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have to agree!! I have been back on my journey since July and this new season has given my more motovation!!! Good luck to you...I would like to be sexy for santa a pound a week is my goal so far I have lost 9 pounds!! Lets do this:tongue:
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    keep in mind though that the biggest loser competitors do absolutely nothing but work out all day. there are no distractions, ie tv and internet, and all they have to focus on is weight loss. They exercise for a minimum of 6 to7 hours a day and eat no more than 1200 to 1500 cals. (if they stick to their diet). Don't expect to get those same results as a normal human being who has to work, go grocery shopping, take care of the house etc. I too use Biggest Loser as a motivation, but more along the lines of "if they can work out like that, then I can too". I never expect their results because there's no way i'm working out 6 hours a day. Ever.
  • Tigermomma66
    Tigermomma66 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had read that in interviews from prior contestants. I know my results won't be like theirs - and really, I would rather lose slow and steady to make sure it stays off, that I am actually making lifestyle changes not just short-term losses. I had already renewed my commitment to fitness before seeing tonight's episode, so that just kind of crystallized it a way to use it as a tool for motivation. My goal is to lose weight and get fit - I have a feeling I will be doing some of my extra work as I described which will still help in getting fit. It's not the insane scheduling they have - just a loose framework to keep up the motivation and make it all a bit more fun! {{hugs}}