Jump Rope challenge

Options
Would anyone like to do a jump rope challenge? I want to see if the jump rope is all it's cracked up to be. Another thing is I wanna know if anybody knows good workouts for the hourglass figure.

Replies

• dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    sure I would love to! What is the challenge? How many times do we have to jump rope every day?
    denise
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge. Let me know the details.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I used to jump rope at a moderate-fast pace for 20-30 min a day, but right now I'm doing the 30 day shred and don't have time. To anyone starting, you will suck at first but you will improve REALLY fast! It's freaky and very noticeable.
  • Jamazurunner
    Options
    Count me in! Maybe we can challenge each other by time?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I used to use it for 5 minutes to warm up before my strength routine. My calves got too big though and I hate the shin splints from any kind of jumping exercise so I cut it out... it's great for working up endurance, though!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Is it like minutes or what? My trainer has me do 3 sets-sometimes 1 min apiece, sometimes 2 mins. The longest I've gone without stopping though is 48 sec. It def works the calf muscles.
  • leezanicole
    Options
    I tried this and made the mistake of jumping roping on concrete. Horrible. Maybe it was because of the shoes, I know hitting pounding my feet on the concrete wasn't too wise! My heels were hurting so bad, I could hardly walk. :embarassed:

Now I know better, do it on an exercise mat! Duh! :bigsmile:
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    count me in
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'm innnnn!!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking starting at 30 minute jump roping intervals and the gradually increase the time every three weeks or when you feel comfortable. I'm thinking 5 days a week. I'm going to work my way up to an hour.:smile:
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm excited!
    5524456.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm in... even though I haven't really understood the goal... I set my own goal: I'm doing 1000 jumps in 10 series of 100! First serie done! :happy:
  • Jamazurunner
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to take initiative here and start this jump roping challenge!

**GOALS from 9-21-11 to 9-28-11**
    - Get to 3-5 days of jump rope work this week
    - Duration: 10-30 minutes each session

If you are interested in this, send me a friend request and we will get the ball rolling!!