good snacks!

Options
hey everyone! so i'm always looking for some good snack ideas for after school...if i and up eating "a little of this and a little of that"...it pretty much turns in to a whole lot of JUNK. any ideas? i am mostly looking for things that will fill me up, not too many calories, but enough that it can be my one snack in the afternoon. also, i enjoy simple recipes- by the time i've made them and eaten them, i'm usually over the after-school cravings! :) thanks for the suggestions!

Replies

• Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    veggies with hummas full of fiber to keep you full, and the hummas has protien
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    when I want a little snack, I get 100-calorie packs. I love them! and sometimes I eat them for breakfast!
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    reduced fat wheat thins... one serving is 16 crackers and 130 calories.... 16 crackers is a lot for 1 serving !
  • shadowfx
    Options
    Cup of tea and a slice of wholegrain toast with Jok N Al blackcurrant jam spread - v satisfying!
  • leezanicole
    Options
    Babybel cheese and some pretzels. The light Babybel is 50 calories and 5 pretzels are 110 calories, great snack. Usually what I have during work or throughout the day.
  • gill1022
    Options
    Fage 0% Greek yogurts. I teach, and they are a great snack to hold me over while I stay after school.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    string cheese and a boiled egg or fruit, yogurt, almonds (or an ounce of any kind of nuts), a small bowl of cereal.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    when I want a little snack, I get 100-calorie packs. I love them! and sometimes I eat them for breakfast!
    oh! the 100 calorie bags of popcorn are yum.
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    I am addicted to Everything Bagelthins (110 cal), cream cheese (80 cal), and slices of cucumber on it. YUM!!! You could go with the light cream cheese for even less calories. But the crunchy cucumber and the yummy bagelthin is way good in my book.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I've been snacking on cheese and granny smith apples lately. The tart apply and cheese pair really well flavor wise and if I cut the apple in fairly thin slices (each quarter cut into 3 or 4 slices) and take small bites of the cheese alternating with bites of apple it takes a while to eat and fills me up for a good while. I recently found some string cheese for 50 cal a piece and even yummier, this Dubliner Cheese from Kerrygold in 80 cal snack packs. The apple is around 80 cal so that's 160cal or 130 cal depending on which cheese I choose.

I also like the Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds which are yummy. They are 150 cal for an oz (about a quarter cup) which doesn't seem like much, but I eat them one at a time and by the time my serving is gone I don't really want any more.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i like beef jerky....a Cowboy Bill's kippered beef stick is only 50 cals and has 6 grams of protein
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks with peanut butter...mmmmm!!
  • Lotstoluv263
    Options
    My new fav snack is TLC pita chips with a smidge of chuncky peanut butter and a small slice of bannana on top. Supper easy and yummy treat. 11 chips is a serving, I use 2 tbsp of PB and 1 bannana. I can usually split this with my hubby or son because it is alot. Tuna or canned chicken is also super yummy on the TLC chips for lunch.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Hi, I make home made muesli which is delicious.

I have a 1/2 a bag of wholegrain oats
    Mixed raw nuts
    mixed dried fruit
    pumpkin seeds
    sunflower seeds

(or whatever else you want, its very versatile)

I put the oats and chopped nuts onto a tray and put a helping of honey over them I put them in the oven at 200c and move them around a bit so they all get some melted honey.

When they are done (just taste an oat and see if it is too you liking) I add everything else then cool and separate into tubs or whatever.
    I use it for breakfast with yoghurt and fruit or snacks. It is delicious and very filling and gets rid of the craving to graze through unhealthy snacks.