The Lady Shake / The Man Shake

Options
If you are following the lady or man Shake program, can you share your snack and supper information as we are both in a good range of calories and choose healthy snacks yet both gained though not much and our inches are down.

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this. Plus we will need a lot more details to be able to help you. How long have you been on the program? What is your TDEE? How many calories are you trying to hit or stay under per day on this program?
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Another question for OP, are you tracking your calories? If so, how?
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I've used both, but haven't followed the plan otherwise - I've just used them as a tool to get a high protein breakfast in before getting kids to school and myself off to work. I wouldn't do either long term, I prefer real foods for the most part. I prefer The Man Shake, despite the stupid name (though The Lady Shake is just as stupid) because it is higher in protein, and I prefer the taste.

ETA my "plan" otherwise is to track everything I eat, keep my calories to a deficit, and get enough protein to support muscle retention while weight training - so I eat healthily, but normally - salads with lean protein, stir fries, occassional taco or pizza night. Just track it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options
    Losing inches is a better indication of weight loss than a number on scale.

But what Courtscan2 said. 😁
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Liquid diets usually don't teach you how to eat sensibly because the shake is used as a meal. IMO, unless you're doing this for life, then the regaining of weight is likely.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png