excess skin

Options
I'm worried that's going to be an issue for me. Not that it will stop me from losing but has anyone lost like 50 pounds and not had that problem?

Replies

• YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at 50 pounds lost and it's taken me almost 2 years. I think the slow(er) pace and the combo of cardio and strength training has been great. I do not have an issue with excess skin, in fact areas that used to be flabby are leaner and more toned. :)
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have that problem. It's a pain, and since I have 30 more lbs to go, it's going to get worse. There are lucky people out there who have skin that will shrink along with them, but unfortunately, I'm not one of them. :( It's ok, though. I'd rather have loose skin, than to have it so tight with fat! :)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I worry about that for me as well, because I have horrible skin. I've been getting stretch marks on various areas of my body since I was nine years old! I saw a doctor at the biggest point in my life, and she was stunned that I had so many stretch marks for my size! She really asked me if I used to weigh more! Because of that, I also worry (my guy primarily) won't tighten back up after I lose more weight!

*hope!*
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I carry the majority of my weight in one spot, the belly. I don't want to get an apron. I guess it's too early in the game to worry about that, but I was just wondering what other people's experience has been.
  • hayescarmen364
    Options
    I have this problem but I was told by a few people that proper hydration and lotion with vitamin E will help reduce excess skin.