Postpartum success stories!

Semele0
Semele0 Posts: 114 Member
Hello, I need some inspiration to get in shape after giving birth! My daughter is now almost one and a half years old, and I feel it's the right moment to work on myself... Before pregnancy I did lost weight using MFP, but now I seem to be unable to get back into the habit of logging everything... After the pregnancy I bounced back to a good weight, just some kgs more then before, but since I've stopped breastfeeding I've started to go up very quickly, I'm now at my heavier, even before dieting two years ago, and I'm very afraid, please tell me some inspiring postpartum success story and how you did it!

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    edited September 2022
    When I gave birth to my 2nd child, who is now 3, I went from 205lb the day before I gave birth to my pre-pregnancy (over)weight of about 165/170 pretty quickly, and I kept riding the momentum on down, slowly and gradually after that. I am now 139-140 lb and loving how I feel and look. I am 5’3”. Ultimate goal weight is 125. I’ve been losing about 2-3 lb per month lately. Slow and sustainable wins the race! I don’t follow any special plans. Sometimes I skip breakfast and do wish-washy intermittent fasting, but it’s more just due to happenstance than planning most of the time. I suppose the diet model I follow is “Eat real food, not too much, mostly plants. And MOVE!” But I eat sugary junk food almost every day too. I am just very focused on calorie counting. Pre-logging is very helpful for me.
    Feel free to friend me to see my crazy diary lol.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Come and join us on the 2022 Fall 5% Challenge. We work on the habits that help each member to achieve their goal. We also do exercise, but at your CURRENT LEVEL Please, and if you are just restarting many of the 8 teams within the 5% Challenge are Moms and have some great hints! Many of us are also Grandparents, with so much that can help you. Usually, but not necessarily the first week we work on knowing our BMR (The link is provided) and tracking our food. You'll earn points for your team if you track your food (It can be on MFP or another site, even by hand if you prefer). We do not expect perfection, but progress will come along.

Being a part of something bigger (A team) has helped so many of us when we didn't WANT to track exercise/food, when we DID NOT FEEL like moving, LOL we will for others (eventually we do it for ourselves). It doesn't take much time to be on the team. At the least to report your exercise and if you did the LTGL (Living The Good Life AKA the healthy habit(s) such as above ,,tracking food,,,, there will be more on the other weeks, but they do not take much time at all. As a very busy Mom, you don't have much to spare. The Moms on my team say "At the very least it'll take me 5 mins." Of course, most of us are on our phones/devices anyways.

Here's the link to check us out. On each team in general are 25 to 30 who are there with you. There are 8 teams within the 5% Challenge. Sounds confusing perhaps, but once you get into it,,, it's not.

Here's the link:

Once you hit JOIN please read over the 💡💡Start Here Team Choice - You Must Choose a Team💡💡

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143596-2022-fall-5-challenge-team-plz-join-us
  • Semele0
    Come and join us on the 2022 Fall 5% Challenge. We work on the habits that help each member to achieve their goal. We also do exercise, but at your CURRENT LEVEL Please, and if you are just restarting many of the 8 teams within the 5% Challenge are Moms and have some great hints! Many of us are also Grandparents, with so much that can help you. Usually, but not necessarily the first week we work on knowing our BMR (The link is provided) and tracking our food. You'll earn points for your team if you track your food (It can be on MFP or another site, even by hand if you prefer). We do not expect perfection, but progress will come along.

Being a part of something bigger (A team) has helped so many of us when we didn't WANT to track exercise/food, when we DID NOT FEEL like moving, LOL we will for others (eventually we do it for ourselves). It doesn't take much time to be on the team. At the least to report your exercise and if you did the LTGL (Living The Good Life AKA the healthy habit(s) such as above ,,tracking food,,,, there will be more on the other weeks, but they do not take much time at all. As a very busy Mom, you don't have much to spare. The Moms on my team say "At the very least it'll take me 5 mins." Of course, most of us are on our phones/devices anyways.

Here's the link to check us out. On each team in general are 25 to 30 who are there with you. There are 8 teams within the 5% Challenge. Sounds confusing perhaps, but once you get into it,,, it's not.

Here's the link:

Once you hit JOIN please read over the 💡💡Start Here Team Choice - You Must Choose a Team💡💡

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143596-2022-fall-5-challenge-team-plz-join-us

Thanks for the answer, I will give it a look, maybe being part of a team and confronting with other moms can help me!
  • Semele0
    When I gave birth to my 2nd child, who is now 3, I went from 205lb the day before I gave birth to my pre-pregnancy (over)weight of about 165/170 pretty quickly, and I kept riding the momentum on down, slowly and gradually after that. I am now 139-140 lb and loving how I feel and look. I am 5’3”. Ultimate goal weight is 125. I’ve been losing about 2-3 lb per month lately. Slow and sustainable wins the race! I don’t follow any special plans. Sometimes I skip breakfast and do wish-washy intermittent fasting, but it’s more just due to happenstance than planning most of the time. I suppose the diet model I follow is “Eat real food, not too much, mostly plants. And MOVE!” But I eat sugary junk food almost every day too. I am just very focused on calorie counting. Pre-logging is very helpful for me.
    Feel free to friend me to see my crazy diary lol.

Thank you very much for sharing your story! It's just that someday, in the midst of all the caos, I find it difficult to weight and load everything in the app
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!